Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The handgun of SHOT Show 2018 was definitely........

Default The handgun of SHOT Show 2018 was definitely........

......the SIG Sauer P365. It does seem, from the coverage I've viewed, that this show wasn't full of revolutionary products----just evolutionary ones.

SIG has managed to put 10+1 rounds into a package which is just about the same overall size as a Kahr PM9----and is 1 inch thick, compared to the .9 inches of the Kahr. What did Kahr offer? Well, under the Kahr brand, they showed the John Tiegen S9, a laser engraved and Cerakoted K9(why Cerakote a K9???), and some new colors. Under the Magnum Research brand, there were new lightweight Desert Eagles, new Cerakote finishes for Deagles, and laser engraving for their DE 1911s. There were new versions of their .22 rifle also. Auto Ordnance had a GI spec 9mm 1911(WHY?) and more laser engraving of pinup girls on a 1911. And then there's the "tactical Tommy Gun", a Thompson with AR furniture.

Instead of throwing R&D money at all this stuff, they should have been A) making the Gen 2 triggers drop safe so they could come to market and B) developing the double stack pistol.

SIG is going to sell every P365 they can possibly make. There's going to be a waiting period for that pistol. Every time I bring up this subject, there's always one person who says "Kahr is doing just fine. There are lots of double stack 9mms. It's a snake pit. Blah blah blah...". But there aren't any high quality ultracompact 9mms---except for the P365. Sure, there's the Kel Tec P11, and the SCCY, but they are both unreliable and made from melted down Matchbox cars and Mountain Dew bottles. I don't understand why a company which was, realistically, first to market with an ultracompact 9mm, and was definitely first with a polymer version,would ignore this market.

SIG is going to own this market segment for a while. Kahr could have owned it 10 years ago.

Yep. Sig is going to own the market (if they have no quality issues) and Kahr could've done it years ago. I picked up used G26 recently and while I shoot it very well I wish it had a Kahr trigger.

I may get a P365 after someone else test them out for a while. I Put myself on the grabagun email me when in stock list for the P365 and got one email so far but they sold out fast at $499.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I love my CM9, but let's face it, Kahr has pretty much become a one trick pony of the years. The mag fit has never been addressed, the fit and finish is still leaving a lot to be desired in many finished products, When a new gun can not be hand racked in the LG shop because the break in for many of the 380 models verge on insane by taking 400 or 500 rd, mags are not the best finished product by any means. These reasons make love it or leave it product with little desire to actually improve the manufacturing process by Kahr. I see constant improvement each year by other firearm manufacturers to attract new customers and satisfy existing owners except Kahr. Like I said I love my CM9, but another Kahr firearms is not in my immediate future for my next firearm.

The new Sig P365 sounds great.
    But Sig quality and new offerings have been questionable as of late.
    I'm in wait and see mode at this point.
    My Ruger LC9s Pro is so sweet; bought a back up and am having ROBAR do the Norton Special on it in Electroless Nickel.

I've got a serious problem and probably should seek professional help. I preordered a Sig P365 from a LGS that is a Sig Elite dealer just 2 days after Sig announced it. I'm normally not a "beta tester", but just looking at and reading about this gun made me do something I've never done before - purchase before even handling it. I don't have it yet, they got 2 in on Wednesday and I'm number 3 so the next one is mine. Now if this being so out of character for me isn't bad enough, I went to a gun show today and ended up going home with a new Ruger EC9. $225 out the door I couldn't make myself say no. I needed another small 9mm like I need another hole in my a$$. On the upside The little EC9 shoots really nice. Put 50 rounds of FMJ an 2 mags of HST through it when I got home. Perfect so far and the integral sights are spot on which was something I was concerned about.
    20180127_155151.jpg

Pre-ordered a Hk SP5K and that worked out for me.
    Hope your pre-order works out like mine.

At just over $200 I may have to get an EC9 also. Just can't have enough pocketable small guns I figure.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

My Shield is top quality and holds 10 rounds with magguts kit. The Sig isn’t that special.

Same here....I just looked at one of those at my local store. It was EXTREMELY hard to not let it follow me home.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Exactomundo. That used to be my standard for any carry gun before it went into rotation. As I've become poorer and cheaper and much more of a who cares attitude I've lowered the standard some but I'm not relying on any factory to tell me their gun is good to go out of the box.
    Every gun needs a break in, I don't care what brand. It's bonding between gun and operator. Heck when I put new sights on we start a break in period all over again.
    Me, too. It's too hard to get to the range these days, so I just assume anything carry will work okay right out of the box.
    NRA Benefactor