Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The handgun of SHOT Show 2018 was definitely........

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_usn_ret View Post
    I love my CM9, but let's face it, Kahr has pretty much become a one trick pony of the years. The mag fit has never been addressed, the fit and finish is still leaving a lot to be desired in many finished products, When a new gun can not be hand racked in the LG shop because the break in for many of the 380 models verge on insane by taking 400 or 500 rd, mags are not the best finished product by any means. These reasons make love it or leave it product with little desire to actually improve the manufacturing process by Kahr. ..
    According to the American rifleman review, the new Kahr S9 addresses a couple of these issues including elimination of the break-in and fit of the mags.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Had a Shield. Added Apex sear and Meprolight sights to make it into a much nicer gun. $400 + $100+ $50 invested not counting the usual extra mags and holsters.

Sold it because I felt for it's size it needed more capacity.

The Sig P365 has everything I want in a small carry semi WITHOUT the need for an extended mag and all at a lower cost than I had invested in my Shield.

This time I will make a decision AFTER shooting one as one will come into our range any day now but.....
    I do keep six c-notes in my money clip at the ready.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

At about the size of KelTec's P-11 (which from personal experience is neither "unreliable and made from melted down Matchbox cars and Mountain Dew bottles.") SIG should have a winner on their hands if the P365 lives up to the hype. I'm interested, but will want to compare one against a baby Glock as I have a G27 and associated gear on hand.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Agreed. As to others complaints about Kahrs break in period, it is a bit longer but who would trust a gun for self defense at less than 500 rounds? Not me.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Exactomundo. That used to be my standard for any carry gun before it went into rotation. As I've become poorer and cheaper and much more of a who cares attitude I've lowered the standard some but I'm not relying on any factory to tell me their gun is good to go out of the box.
    Every gun needs a break in, I don't care what brand. It's bonding between gun and operator. Heck when I put new sights on we start a break in period all over again.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

sounds like the 365 is the hit of the show still to big for pocket carry. if I am going iwb I can think of lots of better opitions

Picked up my Sig P365 today after work. Brought it home, gave it a quick cleaning to get rid of factory grease, light oiling with M-pro 7 and had just enough daylight left to go out back and put 80 rounds through it. So far AWESOME! I am truly impressed with this thing. I've seen several pictures and videos of this gun, but didn't comprehend how small this thing really is until I put my hands on it. 10+1 in a package this small is almost cheating physics. The trigger is sweet, the grip texture is perfect and best of all the accuracy is superb (as long as I hold up my end). First time ever purchasing a gun without having it in my hand first. I took a few pics with my phone to try and show the size. One pic compares it with my Glock 26(for you Greg), and the Glock 43. Another compares with my CM9. One shows CM9 on top of the Sig.
    20180131_184914.jpg
    20180131_173316.jpg20180131_180307.jpg20180131_184852.jpg20180131_173455.jpg

Hey! Thanks for some real world comparisons
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Looks like that P365 is about the size of the Kahr. Guess I can add one more to my want list.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I really like it and did get my hands on some at SHOT show. I guess that's why I have one, or maybe 2, on their way. I figure my wife will want one too. It fits in my pocket.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...