Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun

Thread: Newest oodball to my collection

Default Newest oodball to my collection

I admit it. I'm drawn to the obscure and little seen or known. I've owned several Daewoo pistols and recently found a most excellent example in a near perfect DP52; a Walther PP clone that comes in .22lr. This same model also was made in .380 but until today, I'd never laid eyes on one. Today I found the twin, almost, to my DP52 in the form of a very nice DH380. This is essentially the same pistol but with a bigger bore cut to handle .380acp of course. The only real difference other than caliber is that the DH380 has an external slide catch button.

These all steel pistols are very nicely machined and made. Excellent quality as found in the other products Daewoo made such as the DP51 and their various rifles for the ROC army. This one I acquired in a private deal, legal in Virginia, from a website that has provided many leads to me for other guns. This one came with three mags, a good thing as mags are hard to find. Can't wait to give it a try at the range next week. I suspect it will feel similar to a Sig P230 as the two are similar in size and weight.

Haven't had time to do a photo but here's one I borrowed from Google. Imported by Kimber, made by Daewoo... the DH380.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Congrats on acquiring it Is that a slide stop lever above the magazine catch?
    Your postings in regards to your DP52 have me wanting one of my own. Until that happens, I'll just have to find some solace in a .22LR PP I probably paid too much for a short while back.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Yes, that is the slide stop. The DP52 is worth looking for.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Nice find. Pretty gun. Sort of similar to the Bersa Thunder .22LR/.380 PP clones but nicer looking.