Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .45 ACP into .45 Colt die

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default .45 ACP into .45 Colt die

Yesterday I was on a bullseye shooter's forum and some one asked the question of why his Lee factory crimp die was hanging up. This thread isn't about the pros and cons of the Lee factory crimp dies.

One of the members responding noted that the user was using a .45 Colt resizing die which was causing the hang ups because the resized .45 ACP case via .45 Colt was a few thou. bigger in diameter.
    Reading further into the thread I gathered that using a .45 Colt resizing die was a common practice.
    I don't have a .45 Colt die to experiment with, and I was wondering if any one here has heard of this practice.

I never heard of it myself. I load 45 and 45 Colt but never considered using the 45 Colt die on the 45 ACP.

I like the Lee Factory crimp dies myself. Been awhile since I loaded 45 Colt, don't recall if I even use it on that round. Something to check when I get home.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Morning Boss,
    I mentioned in the thread before this that I only neck size .38, .357, and .44 mag brass for my Marlin 1894s. I did notice IMHO better accuracy.
    I was wondering how to neck size .45 acp brass for a tighter chamber fit.

On another note, I'm having problems with this forum's appearance.

First I was getting a bunch of gibberish at the top of the page when I first come onto Kahr Talk.
    Then when I went to edit this thread I. The edit page is blank and it's supper-imposed over it's self.

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 310

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 310

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 402

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 462

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 462

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/functions_newpost.php on line 200

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode_alt.php on line 522

And I can't edit

Still doing that!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

The text is replaced but no editing of the old.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

That's what;s happening at times
    I write and then post. When I go to edit I write in what the edit is and then click save. Al that's then there is the edit words.
    At times I can't edit because the edit page lines are all super-imposed over each other

Our much loved and frequently sought out leader JohnH is looking into the forum malady. I been getting it too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Also can't reply with quote or go advance. Get message that says message to short

Does our beloved leader live in an underground bunker like..............