Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Ain't Never Gonna Buy Another Kahr

I'd step up for a T45 too but a K45 would be dandy.

Right now the two items tugging mostly at my heart strings is a Vaquero in 45acp cause Itxi has one and one of them ugly 1911's with the pin up girls engraved in the slide, not ugly to me, I got plenty of 1911's but I want one of those in a bad way.

I personally hope Kahr doesn't waste time or effort on anything but perfecting or improving what they have. This doesn't just mean pretty colors or cosmetics. As Greg mentioned I'd love to see a metal insert for the slide lock spring lever to screw into instead of Tupperware, same with the side plate screw. Address the magazines although I've never had issues as others have.

There's plenty of double stack wonder 9's out there for the spray and pray types. For those who seek harms way officially get one of those. For the rest of us who just want to protect themselves their families or in my case anybody else that needs it, the Kahrs are enough. It's not girlyman to run and hide to live to be a warrior another day.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    Kahr needs to be innovative and not sit on its laurels. Otherwise, the company will suffer like Colt.
    Wink, wink.

As for a double stack, I doubt I'd buy one either, but there's a massive hole in the market for a "full size" "duty weapon" with a trigger like Kahr's. There are a few DA/SA guns of that size, but everything else has a light short trigger with the parking brake in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    been following the shot show postings and thinking about how kahr's trying to do neat new things. Problem is, imo they perfected the da semi-auto years ago. Done gone and future proofed themselves/their products. I have three kahrs....pm9, mk9, and a k9. I've owned them for years. They're in the realm of only, at the most, a half dozen guns i own i've never felt the need for design mprovement or working on. Work perfectly and fulfill every need i have or ever will for a gun in this niche. I don't know whether to congratulate justin moon or feel sorry for him. Congratulate him, i think.
    lol!!!
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Wink, wink.

As for a double stack, I doubt I'd buy one either, but there's a massive hole in the market for a "full size" "duty weapon" with a trigger like Kahr's. There are a few DA/SA guns of that size, but everything else has a light short trigger with the parking brake in the middle.
    They would be decades late and dollars short. They are smart not to invade a realm they have no chance of succeeding in. Duty weapons is NOT a Kahr area of fortitude but a fools paradise. They are doing fine as they are. If anybody thinks they can do better than Justin then open your own company.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    Kahr needs to be innovative and not sit on its laurels. Otherwise, the company will suffer.

I understand R&D costs and capital budgets but at some point, they need to move out of their comfort zone. Failing to be innovative will be the end of Kahr as a great US company.
    What do you see as someting innovative they could accomplish in this niche they effectively created? They improved their guns as needed back in the early days and, to my mind, perfected them. So where do they go? Change for the sake of "new and improved" change marketing benefits no one.

It's like the current state of the 1911. Kimber upset the market with relatively inexpensive guns that just worked right out of the box 20 odd years ago. Then came some years of better "goodness" from other manufacturers. Today, it's pretty much all been done...at least wrt the mainstream. Other than 9mm chamberings, I haven't seen any offerings I'd need to consider for years.
    NRA Benefactor

It does seem as if the firearm industry has hit rock bottom as far as innovations or "new" handguns. They've plum run out of ideas. Now, they are just getting fugly. Besides customization, what can they really improve on. Kahr should stick to what they do. They could make better quality magazines. They STILL have one of the best defensive triggers on the market, and have had for quite some time. Shooting no full size hanguns for a while, I've had a chance to shoot many conceal carry size firearms, and have felt many triggers over the years. If any other manufacturer could copy that design/trigger or something similar, as to not get sued, Kahr would be in big trouble as far as competition, more so than now. Otherwise, it seems to be same ole same ole. A few new striker fires from companies as their first foray in to the striker market. Yawn..............................................

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Wink, wink.

Oh I don't know about that. Have you ever shot a 226 Sig Legion? Double stack, good trigger DA/SA full size.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I went to a gun show (One of the bigger shows in my area) and I hardly saw any Kahrs whatsoever for sale. A few years back almost every dealer had at least a few.

I just pre ordered a Sig P365 9mm sub compact. Haven't got ot yet but when I do get it, I will compare to my MX9 and CM9. It will be interesting how it compares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeo74 View Post
    I just pre ordered a Sig P365 9mm sub compact. Haven't got ot yet but when I do get it, I will compare to my MX9 and CM9. It will be interesting how it compares.
    I preordered 3weeks ago and mine came in today. Pics are posted in the Thread "The handgun of shotshow 2018" in Other Firearms. Got a couple comparing to CM9 and Glock 26 and 43. I think you're gonna like it!