Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Ain't Never Gonna Buy Another Kahr

Default I Ain't Never Gonna Buy Another Kahr

Been following the Shot Show postings and thinking about how Kahr's trying to do neat new things. Problem is, IMO they perfected the DA semi-auto years ago. Done gone and future proofed themselves/their products. I have three Kahrs....PM9, Mk9, and a K9. I've owned them for years. They're in the realm of only, at the most, a half dozen guns I own I've never felt the need for design mprovement or working on. Work perfectly and fulfill every need I have or ever will for a gun in this niche. I don't know whether to congratulate Justin Moon or feel sorry for him. Congratulate him, I think.
    NRA Benefactor

Agreed. Between a P40 and a PM9, that’s all I’ve carried for a long time. And there’s a CW45 that lives in the Jeep. They are about perfect for me. Maybe them new colors attract some new owners. That would be good. But I am set.
    ​O|||||||O

If they ever make a 380 that consistently works right out of the box I’ll buy one of those.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

That's where he made his mistake, the money is in the upgrades, all gun manufacturers know that!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Maybe Justin ought to spend some effort to improving the magazines that seem to be problematic for so many owners.

All my Kahrs otherwise need no improving or upgrading... PM9, CW45, CW9, and CT380.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I doubt that I'll be in the market for another Kahr, or any other gun for that matter, anytime soon. I have a PM9, MK40, CW45, and CM45 now, and though I wouldn't want to part with any of them, I don't feel the need for another one. The same goes for the rest of my collection. I wouldn't sell any gun I own, but I don't have the need for anything else.

The only new Kahr I would be interested in would be a K45, all stainless .45 ACP, same frame as the K9 only in 45.
    NRA Benefactor

I don't see why they don't try a double stack 9mm.

Kahr 9mm's are awesome. I'd love to have a K9 and MK9 and might get one some day. Ive never had a problem with my cw380 either. .45's are nice too.

I'd buy a double stack 9 ftom Kahr or the allusive K45. Either would be nice.

And no matter what some may say Kahr has one of the nicest SD triggers out there, IMHO.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Kahr needs to be innovative and not sit on its laurels. Otherwise, the company will suffer.

I understand R&D costs and capital budgets but at some point, they need to move out of their comfort zone. Failing to be innovative will be the end of Kahr as a great US company.