Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cw380 iwb

I have a CW380 are they the same size as a P380....I'm having hell finding a LH IWB for small of the back...

P380
    Back Pocket: Pocketholsters.com (Highly recommended. Faster draw than tucked IWB.)
    IWB @ 4:30: Sticky Holster SM2, or Galco Mini Tuck.

Back when I was running, I could wear the Sticky Holster in a pair of running shorts, and the gun never shifted (I had to wear shorts with a drawstring to run), running as much as 6-10 miles at a time.

-Wlf

P.S. I like the look of that FIST holster.

Thanks ... I been trying to sell the pistol as i'm mad at myself for buying it. A gun that requires 200 rds break in to make reliable is ridiculous to me) But is IS a nice size and looks like i'm stuck with it. So i figured I'd put it in service for summer carry. IWB LH small of back should work as I'm left handed but anything used or otherwise that covers the trigger guard is worth looking at. This hiddenhybridholsters look great but too much $$$ for a gun I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebxb View Post
    Thanks ... I been trying to sell the pistol as i'm mad at myself for buying it. A gun that requires 200 rds break in to make reliable is ridiculous to me) But is IS a nice size and looks like i'm stuck with it. So i figured I'd put it in service for summer carry. IWB LH small of back should work as I'm left handed but anything used or otherwise that covers the trigger guard is worth looking at. This hiddenhybridholsters look great but too much $$$ for a gun I don't like.
    Ya gotta pay to play. Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by dirtkicker View Post
    Ya gotta pay to play. Good luck !
    got the gold card of paying for my playing. Not putting any more $$$$ in this untrust worthy. no safetied tupperware.. Wish I had my Walther PPS or PPK back...I've got 1 hundred 130 rds thru this CW380 I bought new Dec 2017. It performed pretty well AND it doesn't have the stupid Glockish trigger safety tab. But it's just not a good fit for me. Rather have a Bersa Firestorm - same price, lifetime warranty, hammer, decock ...all the right stuff.. old school here..

Quote Originally Posted by mikebxb View Post

Mikebxb,

I want to be respectful in my response, but also very clear. If you are not willing to put 200 rounds downrange before carrying a gun, then don’t buy the gun. If you are willing to spend $72 +tax (maybe $144) during the “courting period”, then you will have a dependable carry gun. I would expect ANYONE WITH ANY GUN to put 200 rounds downrange before carrying the thing. Remember this. Every miss is a potential dead bystander. Every bullet fired has a lawyer attached to it.

If you had bought any other gun, you would have put at least 200 rounds down range to make sure you could hit what you were aiming at. If not, you have no business carrying the gun. If you are not carrying the gun, then why buy a CW380?

Maybe I should apologize, but the Kahr “200-round break-in period” should be understood for anyone that has researched the gun prior to purchase.

If if you did not research the gun prior to purchase, you still bought a good gun, and we (the members of this forum) are here to help you as you learn to love your new partner that may, someday, save your life.

Please understand that I own a fully broken-in P380 (2,400+ rounds), and a somewhat broken-in CT380 (450 rounds), so I feel a pain that you might not yet feel. That is, owning a gun that still needs 100 more rounds (after 450) sent downrange before I would carry it. But, I just mimicked a License To Carry proficiency qualification with it last night, and scored 225. So, I am accurate with the gun, and I love it. However, it still doesn’t want to return to battery all the time with target ammo (SD ammo runs flawlessly).

Long story short, I’ll buy the CW380 (sight unseen) for $200, if you will pay for the shipping and FFL fee.

I actually hope you keep the gun, break it in, and end up loving it, while in the process letting us know how we might be able to help you.

-Wlf

(Moderators, if I was out of line, please feel free to delete my response.)

[QUOTE=Wlfman13;400011]Mikebxb,

I want to be respectful in my response, but also very clear. If you are not willing to put 200 rounds downrange before carrying a gun, then don’t buy the gun.

...Wifman, I appreciate your respectful response. To be clear it's not just the stated 200 rd break in but also the extremely finicky ammo issue. Yes, I did exhaustive research and watched endless credible reviews re: this little pistol before purchase. My purpose was to rotate away from ALL safety tab triggers as they don't suit me (reasons I won't expound on here) I desired a small, concealable , reliable pistol (preferably with a thumb safety and exposed hammer ) and even considered the anemic .32 Beretta Tomcat. After owning a Glock 26 (first foray into polymer, striker) I warmed up to plastic frames. This whole thing was a process in my search for the holy grail CCW.. I have small hands and a short reach as result of birth defect. Despite that I have 10 yrs as LEO and qualified not just expert but perfect every year. I am well versed and proficient in most firearms. Back to the issue..years ago I bought a PPK used bought off the rack ammo at the hardware store (whatever was available) and it functioned flawless. It fed everything and was very accurate for its size. Ammo type and break in were a no-issue. Same for the G26 ammo type and break in not necessary ( I will stop here and qualify that statement acknowledging we ALL must assume 200 rds or more time with any carry weapon for familiarity sake and NOT because the manufacturer issues a new weapon with such short comings.

Every bullet fired has a lawyer attached to it.

........Absolutely, sir. Civil liability. I simply don't like the longer than anticipated trigger pull on these pistols which will admittedly require more than 200 rds easy to get comfortable with shot placement and a prefer a thumb safety or decock as stated.

If you had bought any other gun, you would have put at least 200 rounds down range to make sure you could hit what you were aiming at. If not, you have no business carrying the gun. If you are not carrying the gun, then why buy a CW380?
    ......agreed. I thought i would adjust to the DAO trig pull every time and it had good reviews and very concealable.

Maybe I should apologize, but the Kahr “200-round break-in period” should be understood for anyone that has researched the gun prior to purchase.

.........I disagree. (setting aside one should most certainly become familiar and proficient with any self defense device before betting his life on it). A public willing to readily accept and pay retail price despite that baked-in deficiency in the pistol is inexcusable. You don't buy a Washing machine that requires 200 washings before it will effectively clean your clothes.... Or a new Air conditioning unit that only blows hot air for the first 400 hours of use before it will cool. You get the idea.?

If if you did not research the gun prior to purchase, you still bought a good gun, and we (the members of this forum) are here to help you as you learn to love your new partner that may, someday, save your life.
    ... This is a great attitude and very helpful. I sincerely don't disparage the KAHR or it's design. It just doesn't seem to be a good fit for me.

Please understand that I own a fully broken-in P380 (2,400+ rounds), and a somewhat broken-in CT380 (450 rounds), so I feel a pain that you might not yet feel. That is, owning a gun that still needs 100 more rounds (after 450) sent downrange before I would carry it. But, I just mimicked a License To Carry proficiency qualification with it last night, and scored 225. So, I am accurate with the gun, and I love it. However, it still doesn’t want to return to battery all the time with target ammo (SD ammo runs flawlessly).

.....respectfully, a gun that doesn't return to battery after that many rds. isn't the operator. It's the gun, ammo or mag. Never had that problem with my HK's, Berettas, Colt's, Walthers, Glocks or even the EMP 9mm. I won't own a gun I can't trust.

Long story short, I’ll buy the CW380 (sight unseen) for $200, if you will pay for the shipping and FFL fee.
    ....thanks but not losing $100 on it. My son in law is carrying it right now and likes the striker fire. It suits him better than me. I'll flip it when I can find a heavy frame tomcat or Bersa Firestorm. Until then it should bring $300 especially since we are footing the break-in expense...;-)
    Cheers and I appreciate the good info on this forum...Q- is the P380 the same dimensions as the C380???? need holster info

I actually hope you keep the gun, break it in, and end up loving it, while in the process letting us know how we might be able to help you.

thanks again