Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: round(s) fall out of mag while in holder (CM9)

Default round(s) fall out of mag while in holder (CM9)

I have a CM9, which I fully broke in, polished, etc. upon purchase. I installed Lakeline followers as well a while back when I was breaking it in and did have a few feed issues. The feed problem went away. The gun operates perfectly now.

The prob I have is with rounds falling out of the Kahr extended mag (8 rd).

A round (or two) will usually fall out when the mag is in a mag holder clipped to my belt. The holder is your basic denier or similar material. What is happening. I think. is that due to the nose of the top round pointing at a pretty high angle (by design), when the mag is stored 'round side down' in the holder (and the mag is secured by a Velcro strap - I have tried to adjust the 'tension' of the Velcro from light to heavy and no difference in the problem.), a round or two will work its way out over a short period of time. Every time I go to clip the mag on my belt, I need to load the round(s) back into the mag. Not good if I would ever need that extra round.

Any thoughts on possible resolutions, short of staying away from extended mags or going with non-Kahr mags? I suppose I could also go back to the plastic follower for this 8 rd mag, but would then potentially have a bigger issue if the feed issue re-materialized.

Added: My EDC SD ammo in the mag is Hornady Critical Def 115 gram. I don;t know if my practice ammo (Federal HST, Blazer Brass ball, etc. would have the same issue).

Hank

There's a post around here that deals with that, you need to tweak the feed lips in just a tad and that will cure it.

I'll try to find the thread, has some good pictures, hoping it wasn't before photobucket jumped the track.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thread is eluding me for some reason. I have to act like I'm working for a bit but the search will continue.

Anybody else remember that? Somebody made a nifty little tool for doing it. Jg, can't remember that part.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thnx, Bawana. If you find it, great.

Meantime, I'll get the digital calipers out and measure the lip openings on the 'bad' and the 'good' mags and see what the difference is.

Pretty impressive memory, Bawanna.

See the last post in this thread.
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...+mag+feed+lips

As you feared, it was indeed before Photobucket went South. Maybe jg can help with this....

Well by golly I even got the inventor right. I'm canceling that ahlzeimers test once again, forget where I had it scheduled anyhow.

Sadly the photos are gone, it was kind of a simple but very nifty little tool JG made up to tweak the feed lips.

I think Greg has a magic way of seeing those lost photobucket pictures, I got that saved how to do that someplace too, iffen I can find it.

Like you say, maybe JG can bail us out on this one.

I'll call him.

Earth to JGRider, earth to JGRider, come in, you got your ears on? Mork calling Austin, come in your immenseness.

That out to do it, I can see the satellites tossing messages back and forth as I keyboard.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Just had my Alzheimer's test but I'll take a wack at it. Was the tool a small flat bar stock with a thin slot cut to bend the edge of the top lip inward? Kind of like a hacksaw cut.

That's the one. Actually had two slots one thinner than the other.

Simple but a fine idea and good way of doing it.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Sh&$ two slots. I told the doctor he was wrong, hope he doesn't read this.

Now the first picture of the High Standard went away with the usual photobucket clock.

I can still see the bike picture and the new one wrenching.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan