CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anybody handle the Sig P365

I see a lot of 938's that come into our range and nearly everybody shoots them well. My only negative thought is the fact they have to be carried cocked and locked. Great for a holstered gun, not so much for something to be put in a pocket or purse. Hammers snag on everything.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

My P365 came in yesterday. Tiny. It fits perfectly in all three of my PM9 holsters. Soft shooter, nice trigger, x-ray sights very nice, POA=POI, took it down after shooting a box of 124 gr. 4.0 Titegroup handloads with no malfunctions and the field strip showed no wear marks anywhere. Dead on by me and another experienced shooter. No "Glock Knuckle".

This is a very, very nice gun so far.

First mag after initial cleaning out of the box.

20180317_145515.jpg

20180316_175146.jpg

Scary because I really like my PM9 but.......

Congrats on your new Sig. 700 +/- through mine and it rocks! Got the 12 rounder mag in the other day. It gives the little pistol plenty of pinky room. 10+1 or 12+1, PM9 size, great trigger with short reset and accurate - what's not to like? Not getting rid of my CM9 though, it's just not going to get as much love as it's used to. Neither is the Glock 26.

The P365 box dimensions, length, width and height, are almost identical to a Kel-Tec P11, a pistol that originated in the 1990s. The P11 weighs about 4 ounces less, however. My 20+ year old, internally polished P11 is very reliable, but does not shoot as well as my Kahrs, which is why I rarely carry the KT. The heavy trigger is its main safety feature and I trust it, but I did install a heavier firing pin spring to make it more drop safe. At derringer distances, it would be quite effective and the pocket clip, which I think originated with KT, makes it smaller to carry by eliminating a holster.
    Sig has made much of how they designed the P365 around their new magazine design. I do not understand what Sig did that KT and its mag supplier, Meggar, had not already done in the 1990s. I am sure that the P365 will prove to be a better pistol than the P11, but I am very impressed by what KT did 20+ years ago.

Very interesting finpro. I have never seen or heard of the KelTec P11. Did some research and they were very forward thinking with that gun.
    Thanks for that info. I learn something new every day.

The P11 is 4 oz. less with no mag I believe but even at that the P11 has a relatively good reputation for a Kel Tec. If I ever ran across a new one I think I'd have to get it.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/