Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MK9 Elite 2000

Default MK9 Elite 2000

They only made 89 of them for some reason. All black with Robar Roguard Satin finish on slide and frame.

Has anyone seen one of these in the wild? Or have any further info on them?

Does anyone know if they made an MK40 Elite 2000 as well and if so how many of those were produced?

This is what I'm talking about

I don't know anything about it but it sure looks nice.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

That's a nice pair of MK series pistols you have there.
    I've not seen a MK9 Elite 2000 in person. From your photo it is a good looking pistol.
    Would you mind sharing the source for the production numbers and that the finish is Roguard?
    Here is some info from Kahr's website circa 2001-2002:

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    This is what I'm talking about

Are those yours? Did the bottom one come with those sights?

The Roguard finish is not flat black, or at least not what I would describe as such. It is nothing like the diamond black of the new black PM's and P's. It is also nothing like the older PMs that were black. It is smooth to the touch and a bit shiny. The Robar website says that the finish comes in flat and satin. I would describe mine as satin. And it matches the finish that was on it when I originally bought it new. Right after I bought the gun I sent it back to Kahr because it had some blemishes in the finish. They sent it out to Robar who refinished it. While it was with them there I had Kahr install the night sights and add a stainless captured guiderod. They sent the gun back to me with the original parts, charging me only for the sights and guiderod. They paid shipping both ways.

The finish has held up very well, though I rarely carry it these days and probably only have a few hundred rounds through it in total. It has never failed to feed, fire, or eject. The sights are getting dim but I am hesitant to change them out because I don't want to risk marring the dovetails even though I have a sight pusher that is capable of pushing them out and back in.

As far as I know all 89 of the 2000's were in the GE00xx range. Mine was made in December of 2000.

Thank you gb6491 for the scans of the catalog and web pages! That is something that I do not have.

I recently picked up the MK40 and I've put the CT Grips on it and a set of G10's on the MK9. I also recently installed a Wolff black SS guide rod in the 9 and put the stainless one that had been in the 9, in the MK40.

edit: The source of the production numbers is Kahr itself, told to me at one point when I called in to learn what I could of the model. The lady that used to answer the phone everytime I called told me. Can't remember her name for sure, but possibly Barb?

There used to be a Dorothy Harold who answered the phone. She was a class act. They had a few class act ladies that answered the phone and a whole lot more.
    I think the last great was a Melanie.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I think Dorothy may have been the one Sir. But even if wrong the person was indeed a class act and always helpful.

I'm a bit curious about Kahr's description of flat black in their literature. To me flat black is more like the older black slides as well as the diamond black. Not exactly smooth to the touch and zero amount of shine.

When I sent the gun back it was returned to me looking just as it had though it had been refinished and all blems were gone. I don't recall exactly where the blems were but I do remember that I sent the entire gun in so there could have been blems on both the slide and frame. And as I said it came back with the same finish as it had when I sent it which is both smooth to the touch and somewhat shiny, ie satin.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    The Roguard finish is not flat black, or at least not what I would describe as such. It is nothing like the diamond black of the new black PM's and P's. It is also nothing like the older PMs that were black. It is smooth to the touch and a bit shiny. The Robar website says that the finish comes in flat and satin. I would describe mine as satin. And it matches the finish that was on it when I originally bought it new. Right after I bought the gun I sent it back to Kahr because it had some blemishes in the finish. They sent it out to Robar who refinished it. While it was with them there I had Kahr install the night sights and add a stainless captured guiderod. They sent the gun back to me with the original parts, charging me only for the sights and guiderod. They paid shipping both ways.
    The sights look good. Are they Novaks?

No, Trijicons. Dim Trijicons