CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun

Thread: MK9 Elite M9097NL?

Default MK9 Elite M9097NL?

Has anyone heard of this model? Not listed on Kahr's website that I can find, and seems it just appeared on gunbroker/etc. yesterday or very recently.

Slide looks different, and the frame is coated. Perhaps the frame is carbon steel, rather than stainless steel?

Examples of internet postings:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1001720068
    https://vizardsgunsandammo.com/mk9-e...-WH6-KAM9097NL

Seems to be a limited edition model, at a significantly reduced price?

Incidentally, I just purchased an MK9 Elite (M9098). My first Kahr. I live in Commiefornia, so have to wait 10 days to bring it home. And because of the California approved handgun roster, purchasing the M9097NL is not an option for me (not listed on the roster).

Thank you.

Yes, I called Kahr because before this I had only seen one other Elite 2000 example besides the one that I bought back in 2003. Mine is all black with a Rogard finish on it. My understanding, after speaking with Kahr years ago was that they only made 89 of these. I had thought that they were all produced and sold around the same time, back then. But I was told yesterday that they made a limited run this April, of about 30, using Elite 2000 frames they had on hand. I asked one or two of the GB sellers a couple weeks back if they could show pictures of the box labels but so far they haven't done so. These newer examples have a Birdsong(?) coating on the frame. Rogard stopped coating guns a year of so ago.
    From all I've learned I'd say that for whatever reason they only produced and sold a very small number of the original 89 back in 2000 or 2003 when I bought mine, and kept the rest sitting around as "gray" guns. And they've probably finally gotten around to doing something with them only now.
    My box label does not say anything about the material used on either the slide or the frame.

Here are a couple of pictures of mine
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the information. It all adds up:

1. Photos of the M9097NL on current internet listings show slides marked "Elite 2000."

(What the heck? In 2023? lol~)

2. If I recall correctly, the original model number for your Elite 2000 was M9097.

3. (Much) Lower price because it's new-old stock.

4. Not worth posting on their website because production is so low.

Seems like a great opportunity for someone who always wanted an MK9, but at a less prohibitive price. And exclusivity, to boot.

And great looking Elite 2000 MK9 you have!

Thanks. Yes, mine was a M9097A, as it came with the bar dot sights. I sent it back to Kahr immediately for a finish problem and also had them install night sights. Those went dim a long time ago, and so I replaced them myself a couple years back.
    The frames were new-old stock but I don't think the slides are. I believe those are new. One way to tell for sure, if one was in hand is whether or not it has the dimple on the underside. But I think they are new also because ported slides were not very common back then.
    I am the idiot that put the mark on it. It doesn't show up nearly as much as it does in the picture unless the light is just so. I also have a mark on the top of the slide from when I brushed against something back when I used to carry it.

**I sent it back to Kahr immediately for a finish problem**

Me too.

As soon as I can take possession of the MK9--California 10-day waiting period--I'm sending the gun back for finish issues:

1. A small gouge beneath the slide stop.

2. Dark hue on the finish, right side of the frame. I'm going see if this will wipe off, after taking possession, prior to shipping back to Kahr. I guess I was so focused on the gouge, I didn't really notice the dark hue, until after reviewing photos when I got home from the FFL.

My first impression of Kahr QC is not a good one. Though, Kahr was quick to respond and send a return authorization.

Well, to be fair the finish on mine was not applied by Kahr. It was done by Rogard, though it was contracted by Kahr. And....it was over twenty years ago. It's the only Kahr of the 14 I've owned that I have had an issue with.

FWIW, and if anyone is interested, photos of the finish issues on my new MK9 Elite.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...BBTmZqLUJHSnFR

The pistol was dropped off at FedEx a few hours ago for return to Kahr.
    Last edited by Randall_G; 11-25-2023 at 09:32 AM.

Kahr wound up replacing the MK9. No complaints about the replacement. They even reimbursed me for the cost of DROS'ing (California term/expense) the new pistol. Nice gesture.

At a little over a 100 rounds through the gun, no malfunctions. Seems like half the time the last empty case ejects to my face (not a big deal).

I haven't been doing too well adjusting to the DAO trigger (my first Kahr). After laser cartridge dry fire practice at home (something I should have done in the first place), I think I'm getting the hang of it. I'm pretty confident the next trip to the range will yield good results.

The first time I took the MK9 to the range, saw a guy shooting an MK9. First time I've seen a Kahr of any type at my range. It was a 2003 Elite, which he has owned for about 20 years, even shoots competitively. Sure enough, his target had one ragged hole in the center.

Oh, and an interesting quirk. The serial number of the original MK9 had a "GAP" prefix. The replacement gun has a "GC" prefix. According to the Kahr rep, GC is an older frame, GAP is a new frame. I don't know if this means Kahr drew my replacement from older stock, or they're mixing production of the two frames until all the GCs are used up.

The eject to the face is generally caused by a weak grip. If I get the least bit sloppy mine hits me in the face every time.
    The frame difference is usually just the grip fitting, just a tiny little bit of difference where an old style grip won't fit the new or vice versa, I can never remember which.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."