Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MK9 Elite 2000

Mine don’t look like that. They must have changed.

Default Unicorn gun?

This is my MK9 Elite 2000 (old pictures expired). I polished the barrel myself, and put on the laser grips and the Lakeline mag base, but other than those changes, it is factory finished in Robar Roguard satin black on frame and slide. The Trijicons I had added by Kahr when I sent the pistol back for finish blemishes shortly after receiving it myself.

Has anyone else seen one of these in the wild yet? It has a GE prefix and I was told by Kahr that they produced 89 of them. Mine was made in December of 2000 and I bought it new in February of 2003.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    This is my MK9 Elite 2000 (old pictures expired). I polished the barrel myself, and put on the laser grips and the Lakeline mag base, but other than those changes, it is factory finished in Robar Roguard satin black on frame and slide. The Trijicons I had added by Kahr when I sent the pistol back for finish blemishes shortly after receiving it myself.

Has anyone else seen one of these in the wild yet? It has a GE prefix and I was told by Kahr that they produced 89 of them. Mine was made in December of 2000 and I bought it new in February of 2003.
    Very nice setup! I might have to send my MK9 in to get that finish done... I don't know why they do not still offer that option.

Thanks
    I recently read on another forum that Robar, who did the Roguard finishing on these, has announced they will be "scaling back" and no longer doing gunsmith work(?) and firearms finishing.

That don't seem possible, gunsmith work and finishing is their thing. Has to be a huge money maker for them.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

https://robarguns.com/

PLEASE DO NOT SEND US ANY METAL FINISHING OR GUNSMITHING WORK. ANY WORK RECEIVED FOR THOSE SERVICES WILL BE RETURNED AT THE SENDERS EXPENSE.

Not sure where the attached letter came from originally, but this copy was taken from another forum

Well I'll be eternally damned. Never thought I'd see the day.

Well I guess the dozen or so department Glocks they wished to send down for grip reduction and texturing will have to do without or find another source.

They did good stuff. Another fine company stepped on by the democratic anti machine.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Apparently the owner, Robbie sold the business about three years ago. He has another business, going strong, but not in this area.

Checking again. Anyone seen another one of these in the wild?

I own an MK9 Elite 2000 GE0090. I had no idea that this was such a rare model. Carried it daily for years in my back pocket. Now it rides in my glovebox