CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand loyalty is a thing...

Default Brand loyalty is a thing...

I actually had someone who owns a SCCY tell me that the trigger on his SCCY was better than the trigger on a CW9. I get that people want to justify their purchases, but trigger pull quality is a quantifiable and determinable thing....

SCCY triggers are about 10 rough pounds...

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

During an emergency you wouldn't even notice the difference. I actually prefer heavier triggers on my carry guns.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Brand loyalty is a good indicator of a closed mine.

Or maybe, they have never felt a good trigger. It is subjective but when I have someone tell me that they have a good trigger on their Bersa, or their PPK, I know they've never felt a good trigger

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    brand loyalty is a good indicator of a closed mine.
    lol.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Or maybe, they have never felt a good trigger. It is subjective but when I have someone tell me that they have a good trigger on their Bersa, or their PPK, I know they've never felt a good trigger
    The only great/good trigger I ever shot was on a full house custom 1911. All other triggers are manageable.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

I've found that for me, the best triggers were always on hammer fired firearms, not striker fired.

deleted
    Last edited by King Rat; 04-02-2018 at 03:44 AM.

All of which is a very long way of saying "Different strokes for different folks".

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    It seems that many think the lightest trigger out there is the best trigger. I have been looking for a new single stack 9mm to replace my LC9s. Why? I did not like the fact that the trigger was so light. First stage feels like the trigger spring is broke, just very loose, most likely would not even notice it under heavy stress. Second stage is short, quick and breaks like glass. I measured it with digital scale at 4 lbs. Most likely I will take a bashing even for just saying this. How dare you not want a Light Crisp Trigger! So what trigger is perfect? Have I ever shot a very very fine trigger? Yes, indeed I have shot a lot of triggers. Are light triggers for rifles different for pistols and revolvers. How about just shooting long distances vs combat short distances? Is military combat needs the same as urban CCW Combat needs for a modern day civilian CCW?
    I have been shooting all my life. I have been CCW for the past 10 years. I find it amazing how so many times I go to the range and the vast majority of people are just target shooting their guns. You know, take some time to get the proper stance, take so much time to focus on the Bulls eye, take so much time squeezing the trigger. And many will of course l complain if the trigger is too long or heavy.
    These folks are "TARGET SHOOTING". They are not training for real like situations of pulling the gun fast and hitting center mass. The longer you just try a squeeze a trigger for target shooting the harder it is. Yes, these target shooters need a light trigger. However in my experience, the longer heavier trigger in fast action shooting work just fine and in my new 9mm, I can actually shoot the with better accuracy in this fast shooting over my LC9S.
    You say someone said they would not know the difference if they said a Bersa or PPK was a fine trigger. Suppose they could out shoot you? Supposedly they have trained over and over and totally competent with the double/single action etc? Are they wrong, and must start looking for a different trigger? How would you know they have never shot what you call a fine trigger.
    I have both the Pico and the Kahr 380. Longer heavier pulls, that a LCPll but why can I actually shoot both the Pico and the Kahr better in combat shooting drills? Could it be the gun actually handles better? Could it be that I shoot at least weekly? Why do I have to have a lighter trigger?
    I looked and shot many single stacks. I had narrowed my choice down to two. The Nano and the Kahr. I like both the guns. However I picked the Nano. Each had pros and Cons. I like the size of both. I liked the trigger for both. I simply choose the Nano, but would have no complaining at all if I had bought the Kahr. Now after shooting the Nano I have to say, I love this gun. The Trigger is neither too long or too short. The Pull weight is about 6.1 lbs. It is smooth, and deliberate. It fits me like a glove.
    Bottom line is I shoot it better than the other gun with a short light crisp trigger.
    I see post that some shooters are getting kits for their CCW that will go down to 3lbs of pull. That is fine, if you have to have a super light trigger, then so be it. I don't.

Have I ever shot a very nice trigger? Here is a Olympic style Pellet gun I owned. 6 way adjustable, down to a few ounces. Do I want this fine trigger for carry? No, but I bet some would.

I fired 600 rounds of mixed ammo in the first four session without a flaw. The recoil is very mild, and there was much less muzzle flip than the LC9S. Both are nice guns. However the Nano will be my CCW gun and I will use the Ruger for range shooting.

Good post. I'm glad your nano works well. I had one (or I should say the wife did) that had fail to extract something terrable but I shot it very well. And yep target shooting isn't training for real life possibilities.

Like berettabone I like hammer fired DA/SA guns too. Probably for a strange reason. First I like double action anyway and It teaches good trigger control. Plus after shooting about 2000 rounds through a hk p30 I recently aquired (which runs flawless by the way) and getting good with a trigger that is well.... bad some would say in DA, I shoot everything else better, be it Glock, S&W M&P, revolvers, Kahr's, and my CZ's.

Its all about practice, sight picture, and trigger control in my opinion. Run about 3000 rounds through a gun with a challenging trigger and you'll be better for doing it. Of course I'm different than everyone else so feel free to disregard my comments if you dont agree.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/