Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand loyalty is a thing...

I think it comes down to which trigger or trigger system is predictable and easily repeatable and in many cases the shape of the trigger has a lot of influence.
    I have a real dislike for split triggers and have difficulty liking Glocks and even my ex M&P Shield. I really like the shape and feel of my Sig P226 and M11A1 (which I swapped the short reach trigger for that of a 226) and for some reason accurate rapid fire is a delight.

For my carry guns, until recently my PM9 trigger was the best match of feel and function as I do all my revolver shooting DA only and once you get used to the long pull it is an easy gun to get into proper firing rhythm.

Enter the Sig P365 which has the exact shape of my full sized Sigs and the shorter length of pull, carries an insane amount of ammo for its tiny size, and I am thinking I may have found a life partner. (don't worry folks as I have been to this movie more than once)
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Sometimes, the handgun world makes it very difficult to find a "good" trigger. I don't mind pull weight, as long it's within reason. I checked the trigger out on a S&W 38 sp. that a buddy has, and I could barely pull the trigger. It was ridiculously heavy. It surprised me. Length is an issue, but gritiness is an issue with many handgun triggers. I guess I am lucky in the sense that I have found my "good" triggers(or have perceived to). This doesn't lead me to be tempted to purchase the latest firearms out there for sale. IMHO, my MK has one of the best triggers out there. Smooth, light, a pull straight through type of trigger. I have found my favorite carry firearm. That is my HK P2SK. Holds 10, light enough to not be uncomfortable, set up with Big Dot sights, oversize mag release, grip modules for size change, the small is perfect for me. Then we get to the trigger. SA/DA, the DA pull is heavy, but perfect for me as far as weight, and has a feel that you can tell when it's going to fire. The single is what sells me. Some people like a go trigger, which has no slack. I prefer slack at the beginning, and then hitting the wall, which isn't heavy, but very feel oriented. If you have someone or something in your sights, and it's not a good situation, I prefer having that slack in case you get twitchy. I like knowing that when I hit that wall, the next tiny bit of squeeze and it goes. Kind of one more little safety before you commit. I have been carrying it for a long time, and still haven't found anything better for me, and I've tried. What ever trigger you prefer, it's nice to be able to find it. These new firearms that are coming out, just don't impress me as far as triggers. I guess that I may be a product of starting out with revolvers, and moving to da/sa firearms. The newer striker fired firearms just aren't doing much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I've found that for me, the best triggers were always on hammer fired firearms, not striker fired.
    The same goes for me.

deleted
    Last edited by King Rat; 04-02-2018 at 03:43 AM.

deleted
    Last edited by King Rat; 04-02-2018 at 03:43 AM.

You racked the slide on a Pico 200 times? Whoa....

My LGS said that's why I got mine so cheap - nobody could rack the slide. No problem here!

Still have mine, still like it a lot. It's had exactly one FTE (Perfecta). Such a well made little beast.

Guess I still owe you....

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    You racked the slide on a Pico 200 times? Whoa....

My LGS said that's why I got mine so cheap - nobody could rack the slide. No problem here!

Still have mine, still like it a lot. It's had exactly one FTE (Perfecta). Such a well made little beast.

Guess I still owe you....
    Yes, at 25 sessions ea. I have one of the Pico's now that has so many flawless rounds, I stopped counting at 2500 and that was quite a while ago. I shoot it each week. Racking now is as easy as my Kahr. Excuse, me, I did have a failure to fire with a bad primer. However I knew it right away and the double strike did it's job and fired on the second shot.
    I here so many people turned away from a nice gun for reasons as your LGS stated. If only folks like yourself understood that sometimes you have to make a investment in spending time with a gun. If you do, the rewards pay off in huge dividends. The Pico, Kahr and now the Nano are proving themselves to be top notch, high quality guns

"folks like myself" wouldn't go that far. Calling some of these firearms "top notch" is going a bit too far. Wouldn't trust my life to a Pico or a Nano. Carry on................................................ ......

Kahr's have the best DA revolver triggers ever. Never given any thought to trying to improve any of my three. And, because striker fired, they're even better than two of my slicked up J and K Frame Smiths.

Other than Kahr, I'll have no truck with other than "classic", hammer fired SA semi-autos.
    NRA Benefactor

We bought one of the inital release nano's that had extractor issues back in probably 2012 or whenever they first came out. That's what you get for getting an initial release product I guess. Beretta tried to say at first it only liked 124 gr but that didn't work either. Probably put 800 rounds of various ammo through it and it worked when clean but after 3 mags fail to extract.

Beretta finally came out with a "new" extractor but it took them some years to do it but I read they worked well after that.. I was going to order it but met a guy who wanted it and by then the wife moved onto the RM380 and liked it better so away it went.

It was a good shooter though.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/