Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brand loyalty is a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    I actually had someone who owns a SCCY tell me that the trigger on his SCCY was better than the trigger on a CW9. I get that people want to justify their purchases, but trigger pull quality is a quantifiable and determinable thing...
    Yeah... well... so? If your buddy tells me that the trigger on his gun is better than the trigger on my gun, I won't SAY anything, but I'll be thinking that when he shoots as good as me, then he will be qualified to express his opinion. But if he DOES shoot better with his gun than I do with mine, then... maybe I'll show him the respect of considering his opinion, but it still don't mean nothin'. Just remember, no matter how wonderful you think your Kahr is, there are any number of guys out there who can take their rusty old factory gun, and empty the magazine into the 10 ring in 2 seconds.

Angry

deleted
    Last edited by King Rat; 04-02-2018 at 03:42 AM.

^^ Back out to three meters and see if you can still get that same kind of grouping.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    ^^ Back out to three meters and see if you can still get that same kind of grouping.
    The indoor range has a 7 yard minimum. I guess you would not know that.
    Last edited by King Rat; 04-02-2018 at 03:41 AM.

Deleted
    Last edited by King Rat; 04-02-2018 at 03:42 AM.

I just bought the new version of the Taurus PT111 Gen 2....the G2c because it was cheap and I need a back up gun for my P-07 while my CM9 spends the next two or three full moon cycles at the repair facility. Any trigger snob or anyone complaining about a trigger ....do not even go into a LGS that sells one of these! The DA/SA striker fired pistol is a still work in progress for this gun. However, I will say after a few range trips and a few fluff and buff recommendations and a simple mod or two from the Taurus forum the trigger is now pretty decent ...and it has a reset that even Kahr should look into producing.

I'm sure seeing a lot of those coming through here for checks. Lots of them. I don't know anything about them and haven't even seen one but there must be something about them. Everybody around here seems to be getting one.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm sure seeing a lot of those coming through here for checks. Lots of them. I don't know anything about them and haven't even seen one but there must be something about them. Everybody around here seems to be getting one.
    I thought about another Kahr ...a CW9 this time, but to tell the truth, a little gun shy about a third Kahr...one the CW380 not fond of the ammo sensitivity and unable to manually rack the slide, then the CM9 which I like a lot, getting trigger problems with only a few hundred rds thru it. A Taurus was near the bottom of my list for a temp backup, but seeing a few at the range and going to the Taurus Forum and reading a vast majority of positive reviews i figured for the price a 12 rd CCW with DA/SA striker fired pistol was worth a try. I did not know ...Taurus has ended the lifetime warranty of their firearms though....that was another reason I figured I did not have a lot to lose buying the G2c.

Own a PT111G2 for several years now. Mine's been great. Zero malfunctions.

I did nothing to the trigger - just lots of rounds down range, and it's pretty good. About a 5.5 lb pull, and the reset is very short.

Lakeline makes some really good aftermarket stuff for them. Nicest guide rod I've ever seen, and his sights are superb. He has stuff to make the trigger better on the G2 as well.

The ergos on the PT111G2 are excellent, and with the Lakeline upgrades, the reliability is a non-issue.

No problems with my Taurus g2 PT111, Kahr cm9, or CW9.