Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost my Kahr virginity today!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lost my Kahr virginity today!

Finally bought my first Kahr today, a lightly used P9.

Came home and field stripped it --- dirty inside and dry. It's now clean and lubed and ready for the rain to stop to allow me to take it out and enjoy putting some rounds down range. Very gently used a wooden dowel and 1000 grip sandpaper to polish the feed ramp for only a very few strokes.

Mail-lady delivered my order from Lakeline LLC (wow, Lakeline is quick to deliver!) so I installed one new mag follower and will shoot with the original follower in the second mag as a comparison.

Taking all the advise that I can gather from this very useful forum. Stored the gun in it's box with the slide in it's rearward position so that the recoil spring will take a "set".
    I normally shoot 115gr FMJ and carry the same so I certainly hope that this P9 will function 100% so I can put it in the carry rotation.

Any other advise for a Kahr newbie?

Once you get used to it.... You'll be a Kahr slut. Just like I became. I've never had a small gun put a smile on my face like the Kahr does at the range. After reading others opinions on Talon rubberized grips I broke with my usual stance against wraps and such and bought some for my P9. I now how them on the P9, P45 and a set waiting on a P380 when it gets here. So, I recommend Talon grips. LOL

Roger that, lantern.

Prior owner spent the $20 and installed Talon grip. I would take an hour and post a picture but hey, P9s all look alike.

You won't lose your Kahr virginity until you start banging away with her.

Just sayin'

(welcome!)
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Thumbs up

congrats
    ​O|||||||O

This Kahr fever is getting serious --- I'm now lusting after a K9 and I haven't put the first round down range thru my P9 yet!

Is there any hope for this ol' handgunner? So many guns; so little time.

Uh-oh, you got it bad........ which is good.

I wouldn't mind a K9 Elite with those nice wood grips.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post

I wouldn't mind a K9 Elite with those nice wood grips.
    Oh yeah, Armybrat. I call that a "barbecue gun" = something fancy worn OWB to a cook-out.

-Rudyard Kipling

Oh man that looks good! Maybe it's just a "guy thing" but mechanical things that are 100% reliable are like art to me. Beats booze, drugs, Monday night football, etc. to give me a high.

Thanks Armybrat.