Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen

Thread: putting 8 rounds in a ct380

Default putting 8 rounds in a ct380

I have a CT380. had trouble with FTF since i bought it. Shipped it back to Kahr and they replaced the barrel and a few other parts. Still won't feed the second or third round. after that seems ok. Well i have finally narrowed it down to the fact that i can't put a round in the chamber and then top off the mag with another round. Both mags the same issue. tried new followers..i have quite a few guns and have been shooting for many years. if i load 7 it works everytime. I'm not a limpwrister and i use the lever to chamber a round. Never had a problem with stovepipes , it just won't push that second round into battery. Anybody else have this problem? i probably have 600 rounds through it now. i can do the plus 1 loading in every other semi-auto i own.

Haven't had that happen in my CT380 yet.

Does the problem occur with any particular brand/type of ammo, or all the time? Am no expert at all, so maybe one of the knowledgeable guys will chime in soon.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

it happens with any brand/type of ammo...even hornady and that feeds in anything and everything...every time.....empty round ejects and second round is still down there just out of the magazine...seems like that second round nose is stuck on the feed ramp....only happens loaded 7+1 though

Have you checked the extractor tension? It might not be the problem, but it sure is a possibility.

https://www.brownells.com/aspx/learn...aspx?lid=10261

FAILURE TO FEED
    In most instances, an extractor that is adjusted too tightly (too much extractor tension) will cause a failure to feed. In this condition, the case head is not allowed to travel up, into the breech face because the rim of the cartridge never becomes fully-seated under the extractor hook.

Excessive extractor tension can also cause the extractor to dig into the cartridge rim, which is made of brass. This will cause inconsistent feeding or an intermittent feeding problem.

Refer to View “A”. This illustration shows the end of the extractor as if you were looking at the breech face from the muzzle end but it shows the extractor hook only. You will see on the left what the majority of extractor hooks are machined like. We want to radius the lower portion of the hook as shown in the illustration on the right. This area, when left with a sharp transition, can dig into brass and impede feeding.

The second problem area, View “B” is a view of the extractor from the same vantage point with the hook removed. You will see a small bevel where the case slides up the extractor face that usually has a sharp intersection. I take a small needle file and radius this intersection to smooth up the transition point.

When examining your brass you will find small dings on the rim of your brass, this is the area of the extractor that causes it. Similarly with the hook not being radiused you will find small dings in the web of your brass.

What happens when you shoot FMJs?

Quote Originally Posted by joemsj51 View Post
    What happens when you shoot FMJs?
    same thing

Any chance the magazine springs are reversed to the followers?
    Correct orientation:

Sometimes we see mags out there with sharp edges on the feed lips. A little judicious smoothing/polishing of those edges have helped some members with feed issues in their pistols.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Any chance the magazine springs are reversed to the followers?
    Correct orientation:

Sometimes we see mags out there with sharp edges on the feed lips. A little judicious smoothing/polishing of those edges have helped some members with feed issues in their pistol

Regards,
    Greg
    springs are correct but i will try polishing the feed lip edges...thanks for the tip