Hello to all. After a bit of looking around, I picked up a new CW45.

After a thorough cleaning, removing the excess plastic flashing from the molding process, and lubrication, I discovered I could not manually eject a live round. It would get hung up on the tip of the ejector, and between the "hood" at the end of the barrel & the lower edge of the ejection port. After looking it over, I took a jeweler's flat file to the lower edge of the ejection port, then finished with 320 followed by 1000 grit sandpaper. Very little material was removed. The slide is thin here, and I didn't want to weaken it. After these steps, the Kahr was able to manually eject six rounds with ease. Another cleaning, and off to the range.

l was very pleasantly surprised. First, the Kahr felt very comfortable. Shooting 230gr fmj, The recoil was...almost pleasant. The Kahr ran flawlessly. I used three Kahr 6-round factory mags, and one "Original Equipment" 7-round Colt Officer's Model magazine from CDNN that I modified to fit & function in the Kahr. The OE Colt did not hold the slide open on the last round (I'll have to work on that), but otherwise functioned as well as the Kahr factory mags, was a flush fit, and held 7 rounds.

Altogether, I blew through 100 rounds of 230gr fmj (50 of WWB, and 50 of Geco). No failures, no hiccups of any kind. Another hundred rounds and I'll be carrying it. I presently carry a Glock 30S. Honestly, I never warmed up to it. The CW45 is a little more than half the price of the Glock, and by comparison crude in construction. Yet, it's very comfortable and, so far, reliable. The CW45 is a keeper.

Sorry about the lack of pics. The pic fairy wasn't cooperating.