Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Move Over Kahr, there is a new Sheriff in Town in .45 ACP

Yes sir. Mine is the plain jane no frills, my sons is the enhanced with the beavertail and a few amenities. They both do it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Yes sir. Mine is the plain jane no frills, my sons is the enhanced with the beavertail and a few amenities. They both do it.
    I thought that was a R1 and your son had the R1 enhanced if I remember correctly you both got them at the same time. Or he got that for you at Christmas or something, now I know the R1 enhanced is a series 80 and I think yours is too. As far as the slide not going back into full battery with a slow cycle doesn’t add up even with a worn out spring. First does it only do it on your reloads or does it do it with factory loads also. And you said a new spring didn’t help, try to slow cycle some factory loads and if it does the same thing there is something not right. If you want I’ll walk this out with you to get it right.
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

You know, it's that last little bit of slide movement that the barrel lugs fully engage. Wonder if the fitment is a little too tight?
    NRA Benefactor

Not sure yet could be a few things going on, well have to get Bawanna to do a few things to narrow it down
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest

It does it empty. Just retract the slide a bit to check chamber and ease it forward and it hangs up the last little bit, almost there.
    Like I say, I can shake it a bit and it goes in so it's not hanging up much. Neither has any issues at all shooting, or if you retract the slide and let it go, only when you ease it down.

Your right it is an R1 and R1 enhanced. Son bought both at the same time.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

See I have a mind like a steel trap with mild rust I remembered, Well OK that takes out the extractor theory we’ll look at the easy stuff first. With the barrel out does the link move freely and smooth could be some sharp edges on the link and while you're at it check the fit of the slide stop pin in the link and we’ll take it from there

Now if the link feels good and the slide lock pin fits good, then I would look at the barrel hood to slide fit it may fit to tight and look at the finish on the hood where it contacts the slide and the finish on the breech face. Then after that I’d look at the locking lugs ya might just have to tune it up a little or send it back. But the slide not going into full battery on a empty chamber don’t seem right to me. How many rounds do you have thru it?

Not a lot, 2 or 3 hundred, maybe more. I have a hard time keeping track anymore.

It's just something minor, I just need to find that minor thing. It's a lot like making a grip fit, some sliver of wood fouling me up, find that sliver and bam, all is good.

I think it's punishment for all the sins of my earlier life. Now days of course I'm a saint, why take chances ya know?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Gee Colonel 2 or 3 hundred, that thing is new in box!! Went to the range Friday and then on Monday cost me 600 rounds for 2 days, oh did I mention I like shooting my 1911. Now trying to do Bullseye with it but those little targets are giving me one heck of a challenge plus old eyes. What you could do is the drop test in the barrel and see if the hood is a lot higher that the brass if it is stone it down a little. Carry -on

Don't shoot as much as I used to. I remember my PM45 got 350 rounds through it first range session, basically out of the box. My son and I both shooting it.

I have a few 1911's so the rounds get spread around some. I like them all, can't even pick a favorite but the Remington is high on the list. Old school I guess.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan