Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Move Over Kahr, there is a new Sheriff in Town in .45 ACP

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Nice looking pistol Thanks for the write up on it

I have an XD-S that I like for the most part, but a thing that bothers me about it is that if it is pressed slightly out of battery when a round is chambered in it, it will not return to battery of it's own accord. This does not happen with my full size XD in 45, my CW45, or my Shield in 45.

So, if I may, a question for you folks that have a compact or sub compact XD/XDM: do they return to full battery on their own if pushed slightly out of battery?

Regards,
    Greg
    My XDm .45 3.8 compact would do that and it bugged me. I followed some instructions Harrylee posted (where has he been, probably shooting .45's and inventing something cool) about polishing where the barrel hood meets the left side of the slide at the breechface I think but cant remember for sure. Now I have to work hard to make it happen, like have it dirty, no lube, and let the slide go forward real slow. Even then the slightest movement of the firearm sends it into battery like it should be so I pretty much call it resolved.

I'm wondering if part of it is maybe an under powered recoil Spring?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeo74 View Post
    Greg,
    I am thinking that the problem will go away by itself after more rounds downrange or a little more lube at the friction areas.
    I hope so, but I've quite a few rounds through this one already. I practiced a lot with it and carried it when my CW45 was having the frame replaced. It's not failed me, just bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    My XDm .45 3.8 compact would do that and it bugged me. I followed some instructions Harrylee posted (where has he been, probably shooting .45's and inventing something cool) about polishing where the barrel hood meets the left side of the slide at the breechface I think but cant remember for sure. Now I have to work hard to make it happen, like have it dirty, no lube, and let the slide go forward real slow. Even then the slightest movement of the firearm sends it into battery like it should be so I pretty much call it resolved.

I'm wondering if part of it is maybe an under powered recoil Spring?
    Thanks for binging that up I broke the sharp edges of the barrel where it contacts the breech face after reading his post. I've also polished any contact spots I've found, but none of that seemed to help.

BTW, HarryLee seems to be alive and kicking as a new video was posted on his YouTube channel a few days ago...a sharp man that one.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I've had an xd9-sc for more than eight years with a ton of rounds through it. Nice shooter and only a couple of malfunctions with hand loads. The locking/trigger block cracked after a few thousand rounds. When speaking to a guy at Springfield he said it's a very popular pistol and they get requests for a 45 version. Hence the Mod2 version.

I purchased the Mod2 in 45 and sold it after about six months. It's the same as my xd9-sc way too much muzzel flip compared to my PM45. The xd9-sc gets sold tomorrow. They are nice pistols but for me it's time to move on.

My much loved Remington 1911 still doesn't go into battery after a soft press check either. I can shake it and it will go, touch it with my thumb, goes in easy, just catches if you let it down easy.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Don’t you worry I will be there tomorrow, my mind is burning with ideas!
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

I had one and could never get that warm and fuzzy about it. Sold it to my barber. Glad it's working for you. I actually shot it very well, just didn't feel right to me and didn't like the way it carried IWB. But that's just me. Enjoy your Mod2!

Nice 45.
    I so wish Kahr would make a K45...
    For now my MK40 Elite fills this role.

several years ago I bought the XDS45 believing it would make a good carry gun. In the first two weeks I had it the gun was a really great shooter and saw a coupld hundred reloads. The day the "safety recall" was announced I figured I had enough carry guns to get me through the recall time and sent the XDS back the next morning. That was going to be an excellent (as far as a plastic gun can be considered) carry gun with a very smooth 5.9 lb., crisp break trigger. Some six weeks later, after the recall/refurb return, it came back with a very nasty, gritty, 9 lb. trigger and in no way felt like the same gun. I sold it (for a whole $20 loss) the next week and haven't bought a handgun since. After going in the hole in dealing with strange medical issues for the last three years, there was/is nothing left to fund a new gun. I wish the XDS would have worked out, but the return funds from it bought a new chrony, reloading components and a few other fun things.

That all seems like a lifetime ago, and in some respects I suppose it is.

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Default XD Slide hang-up

OK guys I’ve been looking at this problem and this is what I did to make it work on my XDM Compact 45, I do believe this should work for the XDS 45. This is an exclusive video for all of you it’s a unlisted video so no search will bring it up, you need the exact address to this video so now you can hear me rant on about SPRINGFIELD but I think this will help others with the same problem. This was the best way for me to describe this, funny thing is that the 9mm doesn’t seem to have this problem as far as I know. Good luck

Here's Greg's vid first https://youtu.be/jFMe_9xK2CU

Here's mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18y61SFMGUo
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

Thanks for sharing the spring gauge. I made a similar gizmo from a fish scale but mounted the scale on wood clamped to the bench vice, used different diameter rods for different springs. I would compress the springs to 90% and take the reading.