Xssights   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Move Over Kahr, there is a new Sheriff in Town in .45 ACP

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    My much loved Remington 1911 still doesn't go into battery after a soft press check either. I can shake it and it will go, touch it with my thumb, goes in easy, just catches if you let it down easy.
    And when was the last time you replaced the spring?
    NRA Benefactor

Anyone handled the new XDe model????????????Hooray!!!! No grip safety!!!!!! Bout time Springfield............

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    And when was the last time you replaced the spring?
    Well the spring never really crossed my mind since it's not been shot much and still not very old but that's not to say the spring wasn't up to snuff out of the box.

I think I got some Wilson test springs in various weights, perhaps I'll try those and see if I have a more harmonious outcome.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I put in a fresh 20# recoil spring, didn't help. If I just cycle it half the chamber opening and let it go it goes into battery just fine.
    Let it down easy stealth mode and it hangs up. Catching on something right at the very end of the travel.

Now I'm wondering, been doing this with no ammo, empty mag, maybe that mag is the issue although it does it with all. Don't recall if it does it with bullets on board.
    My sons enhanced model does it some too. Figured it would get better with time whatever it is.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default 1911 spring weights for all steel models:
    Gov't 16#
    Commander 18#

With that in mind, my DW CCO came with a 20# spring, guessing because its an alloy frame.

Maybe it just needs a little loving at the range
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Harrylee View Post
    OK guys I’ve been looking at this problem and this is what I did to make it work on my XDM Compact 45, I do believe this should work for the XDS 45. This is an exclusive video for all of you it’s a unlisted video so no search will bring it up, you need the exact address to this video so now you can hear me rant on about SPRINGFIELD but I think this will help others with the same problem. This was the best way for me to describe this, funny thing is that the 9mm doesn’t seem to have this problem as far as I know. Good luck

Here's Greg's vid first https://youtu.be/jFMe_9xK2CU

Here's mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18y61SFMGUo
    Harrylee,
    Thank you for taking the time and for the effort involved in making that excellent video. I polished up the some surfaces you suggested (others had already been done) and decided to stone the center rail. Upon disassembly of the slide, it appears the striker block is not completely clear the striker when it is released and my striker has some damage to it.

I'm going to be working on this now
    Like you, I lament that SA does not sell parts. I've had good fortune with their customer service before, but as I've modified this gun, I don't expect them to work on it under warranty. So, I've a line on a new extractor. I've also found a used trigger group, but believe it is overpriced. I guess I'll see if I can add some material to the trigger bar with my flux wire machine... or find a competent welder to do it for me.

Again thank you and I'll revisit this after the trigger timing thing is fixed.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Default 1911 spring weights for all steel models:
    Gov't 16#
    Commander 18#

With that in mind, my DW CCO came with a 20# spring, guessing because its an alloy frame.

Maybe it just needs a little loving at the range
    Yeah I'm pretty sure the original spring is 16#, I only tried the 20# because I had it on hand, didn't plan to leave it since I don't use hot loads and was afraid it would balk with my powder puff loads.
    I think 20# for the CCO is correct. I think my Para Officers model uses a 20 or even 22.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sure the original spring is 16#, I only tried the 20# because I had it on hand, didn't plan to leave it since I don't use hot loads and was afraid it would balk with my powder puff loads.
    I think 20# for the CCO is correct. I think my Para Officers model uses a 20 or even 22.
    Nutin wrong with a powder puff load as long as it leaves a nice big hole I reckon.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Agreed, I'm rather fond of them myself but you can't run a heavy spring with them or she'll balk on ya.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Bawanna are we talking about a 5" Remington R1?
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot