Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights

Thread: CZ p-07 trigger

Default CZ p-07 trigger

Seriously considering cz p-07 this next week. I haven't owned a hammer fired pistol in about ten years. The Omega trigger new is not very smooth, it kind of stacks before the brake.

How much smoother can I expect it get after say 1000 rounds? Yes , I can get a CGW trigger for half as much more than the cost of the CZ. Any thoughts?

I have a P-07 and here is how I feel about the trigger.......shot the crap out of it, go to the http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?P...5a5a4f9471462; and read the threads about the various polish and fluff and buff that will smooth out the trigger. Doc 1500 has done a lot of research and work smoothing his and has shared the work. You can go the easy but costly route if you want to...send it to CZ Custom or CGW if you want to spend a few hundred dollars making the DA a pound lighter, or smooth the pull (with same results as you can do yourself) like some do. All depends what you are wanting...a dependable EDC self defense firearm or a match grade competition firearm. I do not have the need for unnecessary mods or the expendable cash to waste to do so. I have a trigger that is more than satisfying from doing what I advised. I wish the P-07 was slightly smaller for EDC ( even though I do carry it....mostly in cooler weather in an OWB holster cover with a jacket here in Florida) it is my favorite firearm I own...and I really like my CM9!!

I was gonna go with the P-07 for a carry gun, but chose a RAMI instead. The safety version has a slightly better trigger, but the decocker version takes the worry out of dropping the hammer to carry hammer down or half cocked.

The trigger on my D model has smoothed out nicely after a few hundred rounds, and I have no plans to mess with a thing internally. Since I took this picture, I've added a Pierce pinkie extension to the 10 round mag, and got some fancy grip screws for it. With the extension, it's now a full 3 finger grip. Also ordered a set of custom wood grips from Marschals grips in Budapest, Hungary. Still waiting on those to be done....

Rami 1.jpg

I have not had any time with the Omega trigger. The safety and decocker triggers start out okay, but wear in pretty soon to a nice trigger. Many say the decocker triggers are not as nice as the safety models. I'm not sure about that.
    I have a SP01 and a PCR, I think the PCR trigger broke in faster and is just as sweet as the SPO1. Even though the SP01 has many more rounds through it.
    NRA Benefactor

Just buy it. I have 1500 rounds through mine and the single action trigger is as good as any I have. Light, light, light. Did I say it was smooth too?

You can polish any rough sear, hammer, hammer strut, and trigger bar surfaces with 1500 grit sand paper for quick satisfaction or just shoot it a bunch. Best advice is run 200 rounds through it first before you decide. Don't remove any metal just make it shiney. The only after market part I bought was a CGW hammer spring and I eventually just put the factory spring back in.

Like mike_usn said the CZ site is a good one. Good folks there too.

Beware, CZ's are really addictive I'm 4 CZ's and 2 clones deep after just over a year. They are fine hammer fired pistols. Yes Im a fanboy. Only problem I have is their popularity is increasing, the prices are rising, making availability less thus harder to find.

Hey Ed M, quit posting pictures of that Rami. I'm trying to pay off my house.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Seriously considering cz p-07 this next week. I haven't owned a hammer fired pistol in about ten years. The Omega trigger new is not very smooth, it kind of stacks before the brake.

How much smoother can I expect it get after say 1000 rounds? Yes , I can get a CGW trigger for half as much more than the cost of the CZ. Any thoughts?
    I imagine the Omega trigger would smooth some through use, but I just went ahead and polished parts on my own P-09. The single biggest difference was made by bending the trigger bar spring to reduce the stacking in double action; see post 11 in this thread: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=66147.0

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thank you to everyone. I'll pick one up Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I imagine the Omega trigger would smooth some through use, but I just went ahead and polished parts on my own P-09. The single biggest difference was made by bending the trigger bar spring to reduce the stacking in double action; see post 11 in this thread: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=66147.0

Regards,
    Greg
    Yes, that does make a real difference, and polishing the roller bearing makes a very big difference.

Yes, CZs are addictive. 5 deep now.