Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Question?

Default Question?

I have a PM 45 I use for my EDC. Only 200 rounds through her. Today I field stripped it to knock out the dust and noticed a worn spot on the slide; the metal between the barrel and guide spring holes at the muzzel has worn out a notch. Either the guide spring or barrel did this. I'll call Kahr tomorrow. Not able to post pic.

Any insights will be appreciated.

Sounds like you have an early one. There's supposed to be a little notch for clearance there and early ones didn't have it. So they wore their own notch.
    Many here just cleaned up and created a presentable notch.

At least this is what your description sounds like. I'll seek out a thread that talks about that.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...l+spring+notch
    The first post by Greg here shows what that notch should look like give or take.

There's some photo's someplace of slides that don't have the notch and show wear or a burr in that same spot. A chain saw file or careful application of a dremel can fix it right up.

If you do nothing it should eventually just make it's own notch. I never heard of it causing malfunctions but it's not nice cosmetically.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

^^^ that’s what I was thinking too Colonel. There’s some good before-and-after pics in that thread starting at post #11. Does that help BC?
    ​O|||||||O

Bawanna, you beat me to it. My two PM45's, dlc is the early slide, satin is 2013 production. Both have the notch and the dlc has more than 10,000 down the pipe. That dlc finish is fantastic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Bawanna, you beat me to it. My two PM45's, dlc is the early slide, satin is 2013 production. Both have the notch and the dlc has more than 10,000 down the pipe. That dlc finish is fantastic.
    Thanks folks, that's a big relief. I'll take the advice, clean it up and keep on trucking.