Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr's Customer Service

Default Kahr's Customer Service

Just wondering if any one has anything good to say about CS at Kahr. I for one am unimpressed. No reply to multiple emails over a 2 week period.

In my experience that is not abnormal in today's world of internet. Large companies can get hundreds or more e mails and most likely are not staffed to keep up. Just a guess on my part.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

It could also be that your email just isn't getting through. Some internet providers, even big names sometimes just don't get through to some address's for whatever reason.

Email is my savior (one of them anyhow). Can't hear good enough to talk on a phone. I'd suggest you switch to the phone if the email isn't working.

Most do prefer email since it allows them to answer on their terms and think about their answer rather than responding from the top of their head with an answer that may or may not be true so they don't look dumb. We've heard of some pretty silly responses in the past.

It isn't just Kahr, I know that. Customer service across the spectrum is circling the drain.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I had good results but I made a phone call to reach a real person. They were quite helpful also.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Kahr's cs has always been hit or miss judging from past posts on this subject here on the forum. I have had terrible service from Glock and S&W as well. While that doesn't make it right, it does illustrate that Kahr is not the exception..
    I am the Living Man

I had a minor question about my new SP101 Ruger the other day. Emailed their CS at about 8pm one evening, and had a response by 10am the next morning.
    First time in 60+ years of owning Rugers that I contacted their CS with a question. And the did answer it satisfactorily.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    I had a minor question about my new SP101 Ruger the other day. Emailed their CS at about 8pm one evening, and had a response by 10am the next morning.
    First time in 60+ years of owning Rugers that I contacted their CS with a question. And the did answer it satisfactorily.
    Everything I have always heard is Ruger CS is top notch.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I've mentioned this here before in days gone by but back in my youth I blew up a Blackhawk 45 Colt, my fault, tri-plex loads, blew the cylinder just enough it wouldn't rotate.

I called just to see about fitting a new cylinder. William Bannerman Ruger answered the phone. It was like Sturm Ruger, this is Bill, can I help you?
    I jokingly said Bill Ruger, he said yes, how may I help you. I was in total shock. We chatted briefly, said he was kind of busy but liked to mover around the different departments. I've heard Justin Moon is the same way. Got nothing to back that up with though.

I told him what I'd done, apologized for damaging one of his inventions. He had me send it to him personally.

The gun was extremely well worn, bluing worn etc. Honest, almost abusive wear.

I got it back, don't recall how long but not over 3 weeks and it was like new in box. Completely reblued, new cylinder, new grips, in a new factory box, along with a letter explaining that it wasn't their fault, it was mine.

Sadly the gun lost all it's character being all new again, now I wish I still had it, just for this "True" story.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I've mentioned this here before in days gone by but back in my youth I blew up a Blackhawk 45 Colt, my fault, tri-plex loads, blew the cylinder just enough it wouldn't rotate.

I called just to see about fitting a new cylinder. William Bannerman Ruger answered the phone. It was like Sturm Ruger, this is Bill, can I help you?
    I jokingly said Bill Ruger, he said yes, how may I help you. I was in total shock. We chatted briefly, said he was kind of busy but liked to mover around the different departments. I've heard Justin Moon is the same way. Got nothing to back that up with though.

I told him what I'd done, apologized for damaging one of his inventions. He had me send it to him personally.

The gun was extremely well worn, bluing worn etc. Honest, almost abusive wear.

I got it back, don't recall how long but not over 3 weeks and it was like new in box. Completely reblued, new cylinder, new grips, in a new factory box, along with a letter explaining that it wasn't their fault, it was mine.

Sadly the gun lost all it's character being all new again, now I wish I still had it, just for this "True" story.
    Don't you just hate excellent customer service like that? When you gotta start beating the hell out of the gun all over again?
    NRA Benefactor

It was horrible. It even had new gun smell. What's a fella to do. And did I mention there was absolutely no charge. Zip...

Thanks Bill, you was da man.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan