Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CW380 - Slide stays a bit back when pulled

Well done Greg, your quick access to applicable photo's amazes me. Excellent.

At first while depressing that pin you might have to pry carefully on the back plate, they can be snug and need some persuading.

After being removed once or twice they usually are easier to get off. I don't take mine off very often.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That post was very helpful, thank you!

I ended up up getting it apart. I'm about to clean the striker channel, but first I am trying to sand down the extractor a bit. For some reason nothing is sanding it down. Going to try a more coarse file.

EDIT: JUST as I posted that I decided to go a bit more lunatic on it, and NOW it's starting to sand down

Often times when sanding and not making progress finer sand paper actually improves things.

Especially on metal.

I run into this all the time with hard woods. With ebony 120 grit won't hardly touch the stuff, it's like gravel out of your driveway and just scratches.

Move up to 180 or 220 and things improve. Slow going of course but at least getting saw dust or sand paper dust in this case.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Okay so I did everything and for some reason the gun still doesn't return all the way when it's cocked. Happens with or without ammo. With or without the mag. I don't think it's the recoil spring. It only happens when the gun is cocked.

I'm going to a gun show tomorrow, so I will take it and see if anyone can figure it out. Kahr is also sending me a new recoil spring and striker spring.

In the meantime, any ideas?

So I sanded the extractor, installed a new recoil spring and a new striker spring.

I shot about 90 rounds at the range. Only 2 failure to go into battery and 1 light primer strike. (Compared to over 10 each before) The original issue of pulling back the slide a bit and it not returning all the way is still happening, but barely. Gonna shoot it more and see if I see even better results.