Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: well well well another school mass shooting...

This kid apparently joined a white supremacy cult. Fatherless kids often drift into cults or gangs. We allow so many of these psychopathic cults and gangs to flourish - why??? Who benefits? The only answer gets me branded a conspiracy whacko.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    This kid apparently joined a white supremacy cult. Fatherless kids often drift into cults or gangs. We allow so many of these psychopathic cults and gangs to flourish - why??? Who benefits? The only answer gets me branded a conspiracy whacko.
    But....how do you stop it?
    NRA Benefactor

Can the Left & the Right come together to think outside the box? New times= new ideas needed. I am tired of the same old do nothing arguments over the past 55 years.
    If we can leave politics alone and come up with a think tank, that may lead to new ideas.

If you don't do anything about the crazy, then the killing will continue. "Taking away the guns" will effect us (pretty much only) and make the crazies use rental trucks, fertilizer bombs or the simple Molotov cocktail to make their mark.

Its the crazy, not the gun that we need to work on...

But, once the liberials figure a way to "ban Americans guns", we will have the blueprint for finally controlling and eliminating the real plague in America today, "social" media.

I think the founding fathers would understand the AR-15. They would probably be very impressed by it. I doubt that they would get how "free speech" has been bacterized by social media's multi faceted outlets and 24 hour a day news cycle. The loudest voices for stripping out the second amendment really cant grasp the huge peril they place their own, precious first amendment in. I hope the muzzle their efforts earn, fits harsh, good and tight...

The answer is in good, affordable Mental health help to prevent the urges from become a murderous act and armed police in the schools to stop the nut jobs in their tracks when that fails. We just have to decide as a nation that we will pay for it.

Peace
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Mental health is the key. We can't keep throwing drugs at everyone who says they're depressed, that's how we got all these psycho killers. Too many prescription drugs are doing things to our minds that are worse than what they're prescribed for.

Government is never the answer. Look to God.

I think this story has been debunked.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/new...say/341751002/
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I watched a TED talk dealing with school shooters. They are almost all male and have had no father around. I wish I remembered the speaker or title so I could post a link.

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    Its time for teachers to be trained and armed should they choose to be. Its time for schools to have people walk the campus armed and trained to protect the defenseless and to stop or at least lessen the impact the of those that wish to do harm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeo74 View Post
    Hold teens accountable for crimes the same as an adult, no free pass until you are 18.
    Mental health is the key. We can't keep throwing drugs at everyone who says they're depressed, that's how we got all these psycho killers. Too many prescription drugs are doing things to our minds that are worse than what they're prescribed for.

Government is never the answer. Look to God.
    How about putting the schools back like they were when a rap on the knuckles with a ruler provided instantaneous feedback to abherrant behavior?
    How about getting the federal and local government out of our schools, and replace both with teachers who are allowed to administer discipline and are willing to do so?
    How about reviving PTA's that help educators be good and responsible parental surrogates to our children during the school day, instead of allowing them to indoctrinate our kids into becoming dependents of the government, and taught that only ideas left of center are acceptable to "the village"?

Corporal punishment sure kept me and classmates of my generation on the straight and narrow. People need discipline, not only to teach them right from wrong, and cause and affect, but also to keep them mentally balanced. Not all that are coddled and taught they are entitled to whatever they want will go bad but without indoctrination in those areas it is clear to see that there were far less crimes of this nature when teachers had a parent's right to punish their kids. Or for that matter when parents had a parent's right to punish their kids without worrying about the government coming in and taking their kids away.
    Make it possible for one parent to stay home with the kids and/or be there when kids return from school. Latchkey kids were the generation when this abherrant behavior began. You cannot expect kids to know right from wrong without being taught, nor can you expect them to discipline themselves when they act out. Nor do they (as a majority), excel when left to their own devices.

We homeschooled our kids all the way through K12. After the age of about 4 we never had to swat their behinds and they have never thrown a fit in public or at home. Today they are college graduates and contributing members of society with no history of anti-social behavior or any kind of trouble in their past. We realize that some of that success is due to God's blessings and also perhaps luck, but our education system has failed to create as many new adults that take responsibility for their actions and are able to make good, rational decisions that are a benefit to society rather than a curse, than all prior generations did. Instead there are too many examples like this that somehow feel the only way to make themselves happy, or to right what they consider to be wrongs against them is to kill others. IMO this all lies at the feet of our education system. If they still considered grades to be a valid means of assessing success or failure they would see an F next to their attempts to bring about their new society.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    They need to bring back profiling. Seriously. One look at this guy and I can tell he's several degrees out of plumb.

I have no faith in shrinks, about as reliable as lawyers. But profiling. That's the ticket.
    Profiling is alive and well amigo. Every time I travel in the U.S I get pulled aside and searched as well as scanned. My wife and I have a running joke about it. Once I didn't get "the treatment" as I call it and my wife as like"see, its in your imagination"....guess what? Checked twice on the return flight home. Do I care? not really unless I am pressed for time. Funny, now we have to have special drivers licenses if we want to fly sans a passport soon. Seems unconstitutional doesn't it? Any con law experts out there?
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    This is yet another senseless tragedy.

I wonder if a lot of this abhorrent behavior is brought about by the "participation trophy" mentality that is the current norm. In this instance, guy is upset because the girl he was seeing decides she's had enough and moves on to another guy. This guy gets into a fight with the new guy. Gets expelled. It's somehow the school's fault that all this happened. The entitlement/video game/face stuck in their phone generation lives less and less in the real world, and society says that it's OK.

Rant over.
    probably contributes
    I am the Living Man