Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: well well well another school mass shooting...

I am very sorry to say this but many more kids are going to have to die and many more will. As long as we have kids that preach this position (see link) with the support of their tax paying parents, more schools will become slaughterhouses. I would give up my weaponry in a second if I felt that it would make the world safer. However, I do not subscribe to that notion. I am sure this article is clearly in support of an agenda but it is a part of this reality like it or not: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wha...id=mailsignout

Where is the news article that interviews a teacher or other responsible adult that said, "if I had my kahr P45 with me, I could have dropped the killer who was 10 feet from me after he got off the first 3 or 4 rounds....."
    Aint gonna happen.

I, as most people, do not want to see our educational system resemble a prison yard. However, we can afford these kids more protection than we have now that can be discrete and unobtrusive IMHO. I do not see any other way to protect these kids. After reading the posts in this thread, I have yet to read an alternative.
    I am the Living Man

Let me be the first to say I don't really care what any of these kids say and I cry BS to the whole article.

Product of their upbringing and education. Also encouraged and supported by the one sided media. Probably with a few dozen lawyers thrown in for good measure.

The name of the lead protester is also a clue.

I best quit before I lose my stellar reputation as a PC person.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

We could start to *** this problem in the bud by ending criminal protection for teens under 18 from being prosecuted for any major criminal activity. I have preached this before, kids under 18 years of age are perfecting their ability to break the law during these ("non prosecuting as an adult years"). They are getting the wrong ideas about following the laws. Criminal behavior starts early in life now and needs more severe punishments.

*** above was N-I-P......I didn't know this was a bad word?????

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Now you're just being unnecessarily provocative.
    I did not mean for my post to be provocotive. There are a lot of good posts here with a lot of good ideas. If my asking how some of these might be accomplished in the political climate we are in is provocative, you have my humble apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Let me be the first to say I don't really care what any of these kids say and I cry BS to the whole article.

Product of their upbringing and education. Also encouraged and supported by the one sided media. Probably with a few dozen lawyers thrown in for good measure.

The name of the lead protester is also a clue.

I best quit before I lose my stellar reputation as a PC person.

Now that there be just seriously funny!
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    I did not mean for my post to be provocotive. There are a lot of good posts here with a lot of good ideas. If my asking how some of these might be accomplished in the political climate we are in is provocative, you have my humble apology.
    I don't know how to fix it. Well, I sorta partially do but my my start up solution thoughts come from mid-last century and wouldn't be "acceptable" in current society. To my mind, there are a few fundamental issues. One is a lack of swift and sure, non-coddling retribution/justice. Kill today, executed tomorrow would have at least some effect, especially in preventing repeats. Another....lack of parenting skills/proper child socialization/etc. A third, which has nothing to do with children per se ....I read a book circa 1971 written earlier by, I think, Issac Asimov. A non fiction piece. Working off a premise humans have a limited ability to accept increasingly rapid change, individually so, it accurately predicted our acute and growing social mental health problems. And I'm sure there are more to think about.

While I do have answers for the known, obvious, individual threats that would make the Col look utterly PC, I have none for the greater that could ever see implementation.
    Last edited by ltxi; 02-19-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    NRA Benefactor

Problem: The dam above the city that generates our power and provides drinking water is cracking and is leaking which is threatening the lives of those that live in the city
    Solution: stop or at least slow down the leak first THEN figure out why the dam is cracking to fix it.

Same thing here.
    Problem: kids are being slaughtered at school more than ever
    Solution: lets try too stop/minimize the slaughtering then figure out what is driving these perpetrators.

Having armed security is not a "fix" just as putting a finger in the proverbial leaking dyke is a fix. Its a start though.
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    Problem: The dam above the city that generates our power and provides drinking water is cracking and is leaking which is threatening the lives of those that live in the city
    Solution: stop or at least slow down the leak first THEN figure out why the dam is cracking to fix it.

Same thing here.
    Problem: kids are being slaughtered at school more than ever
    Solution: lets try too stop/minimize the slaughtering then figure out what is driving these perpetrators.

Having armed security is not a "fix" just as putting a finger in the proverbial leaking dyke is a fix. Its a start though.
    Great point, but the issue that I see is that all that is being proposed is to slow down the leak. The left has no plans to figure out what the driving factor is, much less put a plan in place to deal with it.

It makes it tough when half the people out there don't know the difference between auto and semi auto.............................................. .................talking out of their arse right away.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    It makes it tough when half the people out there don't know the difference between auto and semi auto.............................................. .................talking out of their arse right away.
    This post is not meant to be attacking you Beretta. I am just keeping the flow here. I promise I'll shut up now since I have made my position on this over and over.........ok lets take semi auto, auto, assault, rifle and other words that can be nebulous out of this conversation. Lets use words that everyone can agree with and understand..... here is a song that should be played loud and clear(if possible) at the next parent school board meetings. I think it sums up this situation nicely.....please turn up your speakers because its very soft and you might miss some of the pertinent well crafted lyrics. Please enjoy. After listening....let me know if armed security is not necessary at schools.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HORkT4a2MhQ
    I am the Living Man