Xssights   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: well well well another school mass shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    I understand what you are saying. However, a few questions. Did mass killings come along with AR15's? If a deranged individual can't get one does it stop him? If they were lavender would it help? As far as the law goes, in the last 8 -10 years gun related crime convictions are lower than ever (Chicago? Baltimore, etc.). Why? Is there not a law against murder or do criminals not care about the laws on the books. Why would they care about another one? The gun grabbers aren't just out to get AR15's. They have stated plainly all semi-autos must go. Kahrs are semi-automatics. Wouldn't a single shot Kahr be great? They have also stated plainly the Australia laws are their model. As I said before, give an inch - get ready to lose a mile.
    Last question.
    "But in OTB, black rifle trim they attract the crazies and I think we need to face up to that and proactively deal with it."
    What would you suggest?
    Answered that in my first post on the subject,
    NRA Benefactor

I understand your what. Question is the how. What type of law, rule or regulation that we don't already have will put a stop to a lunatic bent on mass carnage?

We really need metal detectors and trained armed teachers.
    Schools, being unenforced Gun Free Zones, are actually soft target shooting galleries

Mental Illness and our inability as a nation to recognize and deal with it appears to be the underlying issue.

I don't think metal detectors are the answer either. Your just creating a more unarmed environment. Lots of kids pack pocket knives, those would go away.
    Sheep dogs like myself who ignore the gun free zone rule and would help defend if necessary would no longer be around.

While there are indeed teachers with right thinking minds and warrior mentality, the percentage is extremely small. While I'm all for arming any teacher that wants to be, I also know there are teachers out there that are borderline candidates for the rubber room themselves. If they aren't when they start they might be after a few years in a classroom. I spent a lot of time in classrooms after I was hurt helping teachers out. It's chaotic at best.

Mental is definitely the issue. Trouble is then we deal with the possibility of folks out of spite saying somebody is a nut case.
    Folks like us. You see on the news, the individual has an arsenal of 4 weapons including a black rifle with over 200 rounds of ammunition.
    That's the mentality we live with these days. With that thinking all of us on Kahr talk and millions like us could be in trouble.

Even though these incidents are horrible and not acceptable there are few and already they blame it on the FBI's failure to act. Have to blame it on somebody or something.
    Even if we empty out the prisons (mostly full of mental cases already) there won't be room for all of us with arsenals and therefor mental cases.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

^^^ yup, that’s me. The guy with a 4 gun arsenal and 4 boxes of ammo... lol.

The only real solution is not to interfere. Let good people do what they think is best to protect their own...or not.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    I understand your what. Question is the how. What type of law, rule or regulation that we don't already have will put a stop to a lunatic bent on mass carnage?
    Now you're just being unnecessarily provocative.
    NRA Benefactor

Was assigned to a portable classroom for good part of my career in education. My pickup was parked right outside with a 12 gauge loaded with 00 Buck hidden in a floor rack behind the seat.
    At least it was something that was accessible only to me. If an incident occurred in the main building, I could get to it in less than a minute. Better than nothing - or maybe not if a shooter targeted my classroom first.
    Would have to whack him across his knuckles with a ruler otherwise.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    We really need metal detectors and trained armed teachers.
    Schools, being unenforced Gun Free Zones, are actually soft target shooting galleries

Mental Illness and our inability as a nation to recognize and deal with it appears to be the underlying issue.
    give this man a cigar. Why are there more young crazies is another story though
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I don't think metal detectors are the answer either. Your just creating a more unarmed environment. Lots of kids pack pocket knives, those would go away.
    Sheep dogs like myself who ignore the gun free zone rule and would help defend if necessary would no longer be around.

While there are indeed teachers with right thinking minds and warrior mentality, the percentage is extremely small. While I'm all for arming any teacher that wants to be, I also know there are teachers out there that are borderline candidates for the rubber room themselves. If they aren't when they start they might be after a few years in a classroom. I spent a lot of time in classrooms after I was hurt helping teachers out. It's chaotic at best.

Mental is definitely the issue. Trouble is then we deal with the possibility of folks out of spite saying somebody is a nut case.
    Folks like us. You see on the news, the individual has an arsenal of 4 weapons including a black rifle with over 200 rounds of ammunition.
    That's the mentality we live with these days. With that thinking all of us on Kahr talk and millions like us could be in trouble.

Even though these incidents are horrible and not acceptable there are few and already they blame it on the FBI's failure to act. Have to blame it on somebody or something.
    Even if we empty out the prisons (mostly full of mental cases already) there won't be room for all of us with arsenals and therefor mental cases.
    dang good points there. I appreciate the position that who do we grant the authority to determine who is mental....the slippery slope indeed. While there are some pretty hard and fast behavior profiles that 99.9% of society would deem mentally imbalanced, there are many people who march to the beat of a different drummer that would never be homicidal.
    I am the Living Man

Perhaps one way that would help would to have parents and grandparents like this,

"Grandmother Stops Teen Who Was Allegedly Planning a School Shooting"

https://www.thecut.com/2018/02/grand...-shooting.html
    "Never pet a burning dog"