Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: well well well another school mass shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeo74 View Post
    It's time to get serious about crime. 1st) Hold teens accountable for crimes the same as an adult, no free pass until you are 18. You do the crime you do the time. 2nd) Make penalties swift and public. For those caught in the act of a crime where there is no doubt about being the guilty party. Serve the penalty within 30 to 60 days, no longer. Make death penalties public events. It won't take long for crimes to plummet. No 30 years on death row anymore.
    I assume you mean this for capital crimes yes?
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    There will be a ban placed on AR-15 style rifles.
    Already are here in Kalifornia
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    And therein lies a point. Assault style/looking rifles are higly attractive to the weird, unstable, and antisocial vermin. If they weren't generally available OTB..... And mostly none of these fools, especially the kiddies, would have any idea how to cosmetically convert anything into "Look at me, I'm a MF Bad Ass Killer!" black guns.

This latest shooting has, finally, pushed me over the edge. I will support sales of frames, receivers, and parts to construct. But I'm done defending against OTB "assault weapons" bans. As noted, the world has changed, not for the better. We can't fix that. We have to live with it. And mass school shootings of children, in particular, just needs to be contained/stop.
    provocative thought....... might be a pawn to sacrifice instead of a frank ban on anything resembling this style of rifle.
    I am the Living Man

Wish I could find it now but Brian Williams the disgraced nightly news anchor now in the back ground for lying interviewed one of the surviving kids hoping to get fuel for the anti gun rhetoric.
    He baited the kid and put words in his mouth not unlike the media in general but the kid didn't bite.

He told him it had nothing to do with guns, it's was mental and that's where they need to focus. Kid did good. Course we'll never see that on the evening news, not even sure how it got on the internet.

I think the first step is controlling or eliminating the powers the media wields. I don't know where they find these reporters sometimes. It's like contestants on survivor, they have to dig deep to find pathetic losers like they find.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    provocative thought....... might be a pawn to sacrifice instead of a frank ban on anything resembling this style of rifle.
    You don't "pawn" anything to the lib gun grabbers. Give them an inch and they will go for the mile. That gun didn't kill anyone. A deranged lunatic did. Would another type of weapon have been more acceptable? A rental van seems to work well. Why don't they enforce the gun laws we already have. Is another "feel good" law thrown on the stack going to solve the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    You don't "pawn" anything to the lib gun grabbers. Give them an inch and they will go for the mile. That gun didn't kill anyone. A deranged lunatic did. Would another type of weapon have been more acceptable? A rental van seems to work well. Why don't they enforce the gun laws we already have. Is another "feel good" law thrown on the stack going to solve the problem?
    Enforce what gun law? He bought that AR perfectly legally.

Semi-auto assault rife bans have never affected the ones I own....SKS's and Ruger Mini 30 Ranch. Why?...'cause they don't look like "Assault Rifles". And I dare say, though perfectly capable of it to any gunny or vet who understands them, neither have been involved in nut case mass shootings. "Ordinary looking guns just don't be fittin' my Rambo killer image don't ya know...and besides I don't even know how they work. Are those like a bolt action or something?"

I have no quarrel with AR-15s per se. Although I don't own one or any 5.56 (something to do with early M-16 experiences) I think they're a fine design. But in OTB, black rifle trim they attract the crazies and I think we need to face up to that and proactively deal with it.
    NRA Benefactor

This kid beat his mothers dog to death with a ball bat and was arrested by police. Yet he was still able to go out and legally buy a gun. Did the police fail to put him in the system or was that not reason enough to think he was unstable?

I understand what you are saying. However, a few questions. Did mass killings come along with AR15's? If a deranged individual can't get one does it stop him? If they were lavender would it help? As far as the law goes, in the last 8 -10 years gun related crime convictions are lower than ever (Chicago? Baltimore, etc.). Why? Is there not a law against murder or do criminals not care about the laws on the books. Why would they care about another one? The gun grabbers aren't just out to get AR15's. They have stated plainly all semi-autos must go. Kahrs are semi-automatics. Wouldn't a single shot Kahr be great? They have also stated plainly the Australia laws are their model. As I said before, give an inch - get ready to lose a mile.
    Last question.
    "But in OTB, black rifle trim they attract the crazies and I think we need to face up to that and proactively deal with it."
    What would you suggest?

For crimes that would normally get the Death Penalty, give swift justice. For lesser crimes start trial before 90 days. Age does not matter, *** crime in the bud. No free passes for kids under 18.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    This kid beat his mothers dog to death with a ball bat and was arrested by police. Yet he was still able to go out and legally buy a gun. Did the police fail to put him in the system or was that not reason enough to think he was unstable?
    Kids under get a free pass on crimes. They don't go into their adult record. Dog kill probably happened when he was under 18 and he got a free pass. Didn't affect his criminal records, clean adult record. We need to change that law.