Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW380 ammo

Default CW380 ammo

Has anyone had any experience with the extreme defender ammo in their 380. I’ve used it in a LCP and a P3AT with good results. I think it’s the best option in 380 but I know the xtreme penetrator has feeding problems in kahrs. I was hoping the defenders function better. I’m currently carrying underwood xtp in mine and it has been 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't tried it myself, but thanks for the info!
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

They both worked in my P380 and I carry the Extreme Defender when I carry the 380 which isn’t that often. There is plenty of oomph without the +p btw. If you try it, post your results. I don’t think there has been a whole lot of discussion about the product.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

The Xtreme Defender 65gr +P is what I carry in my CW380 and P380.

I agree that the non +P would probably be enough to get the job done.

Works 100% in my 380s. The +P version is definitely a stout load. First shots with it were a real eye opener.

Haven't tried the non +P version, but I'll probably switch to that when I use up my current supply of the +P.

Default CW380 ammo

I’ve ordered a box of Fort Scott munitions .380 ammo. I’ve watched them for a while but never tried. It’s a solid copper bullet that’s designed to tumble upon impact. It’s a great idea for those who carry fmj for penetration. If it functions in my Kahr I’ll carry it.

I fired the box of Fort Scott 380 today. It fed and functioned flawless. Accuracy was good but in fairness I only shoot my pocket guns from 7-10 yards. With shipping it’s kind of pricey but they have a dealer locator on their website.

I've been experimenting with the 56gr polycase ammo. I like it a lot so far. It runs fine in my P380. I get it from Ventura Munitions for 40 cents per round including shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by XFlyboy View Post
    I've been experimenting with the 56gr polycase ammo. I like it a lot so far. It runs fine in my P380. I get it from Ventura Munitions for 40 cents per round including shipping.
    Is it the round nose polycase or the self defense one? If it’s the one for self defense that’s an awesome price. I want to try that one too in my CW. In 380 I feel like the solid style projectiles might be a better choice. Hollow points are to iffy in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mpgo4th View Post
    Is it the round nose polycase or the self defense one? If it’s the one for self defense that’s an awesome price. I want to try that one too in my CW. In 380 I feel like the solid style projectiles might be a better choice. Hollow points are to iffy in my opinion.
    Right. This is the defensive round that creates a wound channel in soft tissue with none of the downside of hollow points. Also benefits from lower recoil. They come loose 250 to a box for $87.50 plus shipping from Ventura Munitions. There are lots of reviews on the Internet if you search for Ruger ARX Polycase. These rounds are identical to the Ruger as far as I can tell. They even have "Ruger" stamped on the shell casing.

Quote Originally Posted by XFlyboy View Post
    Only 40 cents a round?????? Boy, you can sure tell who the ammo producers are taking advantage of.