Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Kahr CW380 owner here.

Default New Kahr CW380 owner here.

Good morning all!
    I have been looking for one of these for awhile, but could not find one locally, new or used. Went to the Chantilly Gun Show (here in Northern Virginia) this past weekend and, lo and behold, a small dealer had one NIB for a truly great price. I have noted the concerns regarding break-in period, etc., but lubed it up and went to the range yesterday with cautious optimism.
    i brought some Speer Lawman, PMC, and Remington FMJ, along with a few rounds of Federal HP's.
    I am happy to report that I had ZERO malfunctions of any kind with any of the ammo! Fired approximately 100 rounds. I am very happy, to say the least. This will replace my trusty J frame as my everyday carry. The small size was a hot button for me, the reliability and accuracy are just icing on the cake!
    Regards,
    DC

Welcome and nice report. I have several Kahr's and was cautious about thw cw380 but like you mine has ran well right out of the box.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Welcome to the forum, VVet.

Ah, the mighty CW380. I have many handguns - some many times the cost of the CW380. I'm not ashamed to admit that the CW380 is my favorite. I own 2 of them, and a P380.

If I'm gonna carry a 380 for self defense, I want to be able to shoot it very well. Shot placement is crucial. At typical self defense distances, this 380 shoots extremely well for me.

While I'd prefer to carry one of my 9mm handguns, there are instances where only my CW380 can be carried. It's my "no excuse" gun. Also makes a great back up when carrying something else.

Some folks view a 380 as a poor choice for a carry gun, but you don't hear a lot of folks doubting a 38 special J-frame. I use Underwood Xtreme Defender +P ammo in mine, along with a MagGuts kit to give a 7+1 capacity. This ammo compares very favorably in performance to +P 38 special ammo. It's 1400 fps, and 283 ft lbs of energy at the muzzle. That's a lot of firepower in such a small package. More rounds on tap than the J-frame as well.

All three of my Kahr 380s function flawlessly. All three have never malfunctioned when using quality domestic made FMJ ammo, as well as any self defense rounds I've tried. Great little guns!

I need to try some of that extreme defender.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Welcome VVet. Nice place here. Glad to hear you're off to a good start with your .380. It's a special gun, and as Ed M said, a no excuse gun. If you can't carry it concealed you must be naked.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I plan on putting a few more rounds through it this weekend. I also need to acquire some of the Underwood ammo.

Far as I know, Underwood ammo can only be purchased direct from Underwood. It's pricey, but worth it IMO.

I live close to Lehigh Defense - they make the bullets. I wanted nickle plated cases, and Lehigh recommended Underwood - one of their partners.

Underwood uses Starline nickle plated brass casings, CCI primers, and Lehigh bullets. Best of everything in this round.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Far as I know, Underwood ammo can only be purchased direct from Underwood. It's pricey, but worth it IMO.

I live close to Lehigh Defense - they make the bullets. I wanted nickle plated cases, and Lehigh recommended Underwood - one of their partners.

Underwood uses Starline nickle plated brass casings, CCI primers, and Lehigh bullets. Best of everything in this round.
    Good info. Thank you!

Try Midway for Underwood.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Try Midway for Underwood.
    Midway does have it. Thank you!