It's been a few months, so time for another update.

I've thrown another 500 rounds downrange. The results:
- The USGI mags didn't make a bit of difference. Performance is exactly the same as the KCI mags.
- Both the USGI and KCI mags run flawlessly with Hornady Critical Defense. Not so flawless with any other kind of ammo.
- Just for grins, I tried some ammo with different grains. Word to the wise - just don't bother with anything less than 110 grains unless you really enjoy working with a rifle that won't cycle consistently.

The bottom line is that the rifle is only reliable with Hornady Critical Defense ammo. It's not the mags or the springs. It's simply an idiosyncrasy of my particular rifle. So it's a very expensive rifle to shoot, which is really disappointing. Had I known this would be the case, I'd have passed on buying the thing in the first place. But, because I don't feel right about pushing my problems off on somebody else, I'm stuck with this lemon. It's now likely to be a safe queen or a wall hanger.

Apologies to anyone out there who works for the company, but I won't be buying anything more from AutoOrdnance/Kahr. What I will be doing is sharing my experience when possible in the hopes that somebody else can avoid sinking their hard-earned money on a gun like mine. I'm out.