Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Does the AOM 130 have a magazine catch that will handle the M2 Magazines?

Default Does the AOM 130 have a magazine catch that will handle the M2 Magazines?

I posed this question to the people at A/O. Their response was the current magazine catch on the AOM 130 handles A/O 10 and 15 round magazines. This was their noncommittal response.

Does anyone else have any input?

I just ordered an Inland M1 Carbine and hope to get it this weekend. I had not read of any major issues with them. In fact, one thing I read is that the receivers were made by Auto Ordnance? The distributor was out of AO M1 Carbines but had the Inlands in stock so I ordered it. I want to put the rail on it and a red dot sight and go try it out. The wood looks much nicer on the Inland and they said 1-2 MOA accuracy is possible with them? If you guys hear of any other problems let me know know before I pick mine up.

DanTana: I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you will want to replace the bolt of your Inland with one from Auto Ordnance at once. The bolt on your Inland will, within 350 rounds being fired, likely begin shearing it's locking points and the bolt as well. Inland has, since the beginning, had problems with soft bolts. Both Auto Ordnance and Inland have receivers of identical dimensions, so exchanging the bolt will not be a problem.

May God bless you with good fortune during the remainder of your Inland Carbine's service life.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain O View Post
    I posed this question to the people at A/O. Their response was the current magazine catch on the AOM 130 handles A/O 10 and 15 round magazines. This was their noncommittal response.

Does anyone else have any input?
    If I recall correctly, if you look at the magazine catch, on the side opposite the release button I think, there may or may not be a little "finger" that supports the left side of the magazine. If you have the little finger than you're good for the M2 magazines, If not, you are set up for the 15-rounders.

Here's two quick pics of the left side of the magazine catch on my original WWII Inland carbine that I bought through the CMP. The first picture being with the magazine present (15-round), and the second picture without:

The pencil, obviously, is pointing at the "finger".

Now, that being said, just because you don't have the finger doesn't mean you can't use M2 magazines. The finger was added to simply stabilize the longer M2 magazine under combat conditions. If you have 'em, try 'em - they may work.

Tom

I'm using the KCI 30 round M2-type mags with no issues whatsoever.