Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CW380 Range Report

Default CW380 Range Report

Well I was finally able to really get the gun out and break it in. I had some initial test feeding issues at home with some Perfecta, that will just be eaten up by the PPK.

I picked up a couple hundereds rounds of UMC and some Winchester train and defend: Defend rounds. I was very pleased with how the range session went.

I experienced two FTEs, 5 failure to go into battery, 6 failures to lock back on last round, and one light primer strike. This was all with the UMC. I was actually fairly pleased with this because 90% occurred during the first 100 rounds. The Winchester defensive ammo ran like a dream. I experienced no issues what so ever.

I also ordered a Vedder LightTuk for carrying.

I plan to make another range trip to continue the break in before I carry the CW380.

Any thoughts or comments are very welcomed.

Now you're cooking....

You're doing what Kahr recommends, and if you still have any issues after the break in, they'll make it right.

Keep it clean and well lubed, and you should be good to go.

Vedder Light Tuck? Not going cheap, are you? Their stuff is excellent quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Now you're cooking....

You're doing what Kahr recommends, and if you still have any issues after the break in, they'll make it right.

Keep it clean and well lubed, and you should be good to go.

Vedder Light Tuck? Not going cheap, are you? Their stuff is excellent quality.
    I’m guessing that after another 50-100 rounds it will be good to go. I looked at a few holsters and the Vedder just seemed like the one that would fit my needs the best. I think the gun could be carried now as is but might as well keep breaking it in.

Also at today’s range trip I put about 220 rounds through the gun. I think I’ve passed the break in period.

I have about 80 rounds thru my new CW380, and it has run great, even with all kinds of crappy ammo (Monarch, Fiocchi) -- it really doesn't seem to care what I feed it, FMJ or JHP. Runs Hydra-shocks well. I have been reading about some of the issues folks have been having, but my experience has been good. I have had a CM9 for a while, so I am familiar with the care and cleaning of a Kahr, so maybe that experience has helped.

The size of the CW380 is great for pocket carry, and I can get a little better grip on it than some of the other small 380's. My particular pistol is very stiff to rack the slide, but I think it will improve as it breaks in. Sights are OK, better than some. I put a Magguts spring set in the 6-round mag, and it worked fine. I have a 7 round and Magguts for that one coming, so I will have 15 rounds between the two mags for carry.

Quote Originally Posted by JMC View Post
    I was very pleased with how the range session went.

I experienced two FTEs, 5 failure to go into battery, 6 failures to lock back on last round, and one light primer strike.
    Pretty sad when something like this is actually considered a pleasing range session. These things should be working right straight out of the box like most every other gun design out there. What are casual gun buyers who don't read gun forums supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    Pretty sad when something like this is actually considered a pleasing range session. These things should be working right straight out of the box like most every other gun design out there. What are casual gun buyers who don't read gun forums supposed to do?
    i agree, it is sad. I knew what I was getting myself into luckily. I’m not sure why the guns can’t fhnction 100% out of the box. I think it Kahr really cared they would remedy it. But for now I’ll take what I have and enjoy it to the fullest.

The thing that bothers me about all this is that Kahr could put a halt to most all these issues pretty quickly.

They could take their entire stock of extractors and put an employee to work on them. It's really a simple process, and easily/quickly done.

Designate the "updated" extractors as such in the parts description so people can order them with confidence.

Update every extractor, and only use them from here on out.

Maybe they did that, but just aren't publicly admitting it.

There's undoubtedly enough old stock out there that it'll take a while before these issues aren't heard of anymore....

The problems and known fixes have been out for awhile now. Kahr needs to address them. The CW380 would be the most kick-ass pocket .380 out there if only 95% of them worked flawlessly out of the box. Instead it seems more like 50/50. This "shoot 200 rounds through it and most of the problems will go away" excuse is bullcrap. That's like a car dealer saying you need to drive your brand-new car at least 10,000 miles before it will stop stalling at intersections.

dsk - this was posted today on a Facebook Kahr group by a Kahr employee. I won't say who it is, but he's in a few of Kahr's videos on youtube. This is his response to someone with P380 problems:

"It’s a combination of extractor and chamber size. Call customer svc. And send it in for a repair. I would not recommend messing with it yourself. Once the repairs are made the gun will feed any ammo"