Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen

Thread: CT380 mag release

Default CT380 mag release

I have read is several places that the CT 380 and possibly other models having a problem with mag release being very hard to actually release the mag. Mine is having this problem and I am noticing that it seems I am unable to depress the release far enough with a normal hold. My belief is that the release button is actually too short and almost bottoms out before release is manifested. Just wondering if anyone who might be having this problem has come up with a solution?

I have a CT380 where the mag would not fully seat, the base of the front of the mag would bottom out on the polymer butt in the front. I tried numerous mags of mine and also several friends mags. It would bind the mag because the mag release would not go fully into the mag, which also made the release button almost impossible to push in to release the mag. On my other Kahrs there is a small gap between the mag and butt of the pistol, the CT mag was right up the the butt with no gap. I just used a fine file to remove some of the plastic on the front base of the butt. That solved my problem!

Glad to hear you took care of that issue. It is nice that the mags fit close as long as they will seat! My issue is more that the mag release needs to be extended to be able to push it in far enough to release with the grip hand and the mag fall free.

Have 3 mags for my CT380 and they all seat easily & release the same.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling