Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen

Thread: CW380 I've Been Waiting

Default CW380 I've Been Waiting

Finally got the call from the gun shop...my Kahr CW380 was in! Almost all of my pistols are Walther and I couldn't be happier with them, but they don't exactly have what I would consider a true pocket pistol. I currently have a P3AT that rides in my pocket, but I shoot my carry guns and the Kel-Tec is not only a mother at the range, it is not as reliable as I would like. I searched high and low for the right fit and under $350 for a gun that will be abused. I settled on the Kahr CW380 for multiple reasons. Pic and more story to come soon.

Follow the new Kahr prep thread in the new Kahr owners forum. It could save you a lot of frustration, and it will take less than an hour. I love mine and have had no problem since I did the prep. You might want to order a Lakeline striker and some mag guts to.

Welcome to the forum. Follow the prep as dustinchips said and let us know if you have any questions. My cw380 has been perfect from day one.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I have every intention of following the prep guidelines. I chose this gun prior to joining the forum. After reading up on all the issues, I was not deterred. I am very mechanically inclined with lots of machine work experience...I plan to do some polishing to the key areas, along with breaking in the recoil spring. After all that, I'm hoping for a flawless 1st 50 rounds. We shall see.

I highly recommend the extractor modification. It cured all the problems with my P380 and my CW380.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieR View Post
    I highly recommend the extractor modification. It cured all the problems with my P380 and my CW380.
    Same. Couldn't get my CW380 to shoot one mag without a failure to return to battery. Sanded the extractor down a bit and out of about 90 shots, only 2 failure to return to battery. Gonna sand it a bit more, but it shows how much it works.

Quote Originally Posted by EeaUM View Post
    Same. Couldn't get my CW380 to shoot one mag without a failure to return to battery. Sanded the extractor down a bit and out of about 90 shots, only 2 failure to return to battery. Gonna sand it a bit more, but it shows how much it works.
    I unboxed my CW380 last November. I put several different brands of ammo through it including Winchester whitebox, MagTech, Reloads, and finally Fiocchi. After the 500 rounds and still failure to feed. The Fiocchi wouldn't feed AT ALL!!! I filed down the extractor (there is a faint diagonal line) which is where I filed it down to. I believe this "diagonal line" is like a wear line for a gunsmith. Once it reaches the diagonal line it needs to be replaced. Nah!!!!! File that thing down to the diagonal line and your CW380 will EAT ANY BRAND OF AMMO you feed it!!!! Reloads, Fiocchi, anything.