Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Those Who’ve Switched from Pocket Carry to IWB (or vice versa)

During the summer, I prefer my PM9 carried in a shorts pocket with an AHolster. Love the design as it promotes a clean draw every time.

For IWB I like my Concealment Solutions Black Mamba CE worlds better than my Crossbreed (sold that one). From the cut of the leather to the clips to the superior kydex. Like how it covers more of the slide, love how it's welled slightly at the top to better receive while reholstering.

Unless you practice often with your way of carry, and unless you wear the correct clothing, any kind of draw besides OWB is slower. Period. I can guarantee, that for as long as I have been pocket carrying, I can draw faster than carrying IWB. When you carry front pocket 80% of the time, it becomes like another limb. IWB carry always needs material moved out of the way. Coat, Shirt, etc. Pocket carry, straight up and out. I even walk with a hand in the pocket, and most people think you're playing with your keys, or change. For someone standing and using an ankle rig, they have to bend down, and then straighten back up. That's not a "viable" option to me. Too slow. This is what I use for IWB. Tuckable, so you can at least move material out of the way a bit quicker. What ever you have tucked, sweatshirt, t shirt etc., it comes out smoothly. The holster is also very minimal in size, and has different depths of cover. Works for me, mostly when forced to wear dress clothes especially. Just something to think about. Everybody has their thing. You'll find it................................................ ......
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just discovered this morning that with a little tweaking my 1911 shoulder holster works with my PM45. I seldom use it since it mess's with my neck in short order. Must hit on a nerve or something. I'm trying it out today with the PM45, a little lighter and just one spare mag on the off side. Maybe the lighter weight will be more tolerable.

Should be good on the cooler days mowing the lawn, working in the garage etc. I normally just run the ankle holster since I generally just wear sweat pants nights and weekends. Always hated them when I was vertical but they are the ticket when your a full time sitter. Easier on and off and flexible.

I keep thinking I"m going back to proper britches and a belt full time but always revert back. When I need my knife etc most I don't have it since theres no belt.

If it was easy everyone would want to be a derelict.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I do take it out of my pocket when riding in the car, I wouldn't have to though because of comfort. Keep it between the seat and the console. Works great. East access. When I mow the lawn, I just go to an OWB rig. It's definitely to someone's advantage to have some/get used to different ways of carry. If it were my druthers, I would just open carry without cover. Problem being, some LE and regular citizenry just can't get by the open carry is legal thing............................................. ....................................