CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Those Who’ve Switched from Pocket Carry to IWB (or vice versa)

Quote Originally Posted by swank View Post
    You can have a REAL gun in an IWB rig. Pocket guns belong in pocket holsters.
    This.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by NothingToSeeHere View Post
    I have a CW380 that I’m in the process of breaking-in. I bought this gun with the intention of pocket carrying (with an Alabama Holster front pocket holster).

I have a PM9 ordered, with the intention of either pocket carrying if clothing allows (also Alabama Holster) or IWB (CrossBreed).

I’ve done a ton of reading and see advantages/disadvantages of both styles of carry. In the end, I know my decision will come down to personal preference, comfort, style of dress, ability to quickly access, etc. Further, I understand that different destinations/activities/environments might make one carry style more advantageous than the other (i.e., I might pocket carry one day, then IWB the next).

However, I’d appreciate the insight of Kahr PM9/CM9/P380/CW380 owners (or those who conceal-carry similar sized handguns) who’ve moved from pocket carry to IWB (or vice versa) - either permanently or just for particular situations - and what went into your decision process.

Much appreciated!
    I do this......here lately I've been switching back and forth. It depends on what clothes I'm wearing. I prefer a one-handed draw you see. Pocket carry is great until you sit down....then it sucks. So if I'm going to be sitting, not going to pocket carry.

I actually have three holsters I use right now: pocket, strong side OWB, and shoulder holster. I don't always carry the same handgun though.

Now pocket carry CAN work for sitting.......if you carry your backup on your ankle. Then it works just fine! Just go for your backup.