Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for kydex iwb holster for p9

Default Looking for kydex iwb holster for p9

I have 2 p9 and am searching for a kydex iwb holster. I contacted badger concealment who sells some very reasonably priced kydex on eBay, but he said I have an older version which has a different slide than what would fit his holster. Any idea if he correct as my guns appear to have exact slide as pics on kahr website? Anywa any info or recommendations appreciated.

For IWB I really like Garrett's Silent Thunder. Leather lined kydex, so it's easy on the gun and quiet. Real comfy too once i got used to it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Google is your friend on this. Find one you like and then check user reviews.

I'm a leather man myself. Kydex is just so hard, doesn't have any give. Leather cost more though...
    If you change your mind, I can point you to a couple of reasonable leather holsters.
    NRA Benefactor

I agree with kenemoore, I'm a leather guy too but for an IWB kydex is the ticket for the same reasons. I can reholster effortlessly with the leather lined kydex Garrett. It doesn't collapse especially when your trying to squeeze 43 inches into 42.

Leather collapses. Everyone I've tried did anyhow. Sometimes it's every bit as important to get it put away as it is to get it out.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I prefer leather against my skin, but the Kydex gives good retention, so a hybrid is what I choose. I use the CrossBreed MiniTuck for my pistols. I bought one for my first polymer... the PM9. That one's gone because I find the polymer P-sized pistols just as easy to carry. They all fit in the same holster that I got for my PM9. I use two of them for my P40 and P45 and my P9 as a backup. I use a good Kydex-reinforced gun belt by Looper and belt tension adds to the retention. I even sleep with the rig on in my van while traveling.
    This picture is of my old Mag-na-ported P40. I have a DLC one now with the same rig. That's the horsehide version for more protection against sweat. It's an option for $10 or $15 more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

You sleep in your van when traveling. I never thought of that.

I try to sleep on the extremely rare occasions when I let the wife drive but she's so scary I can't sleep.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Check out Vedder Holsters, excellent products and a short delivery time, they are Kydex holsters.
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

Thanks guys for the input. I have a vedder for my p380 and like it so will probably get one for my two p9. I found out that some closed end kydex holsters won't work for pre 2012 p9 due to the squared off slide portion near the end of the barrel. The newer p9 have a 45 degree beveled edge towards the end of the barrel. Many of the kydex holsters are molded out of the newer version p9.

Alien gear looks great, cloak tuck 3 is what I'm looking to buy for a cm9 iwb