CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new

Thread: IMI Jericho 941fb marked MRI-MPLS-MN?

Default IMI Jericho 941fb marked MRI-MPLS-MN?

I am new to the forum. Have a question. Bought this weapon in 03, new in box. Marked Jericho 941FB on one side and MRI-MPLS-MN. Box UPC code marked MRI. In searching on line for date produced, stated Magnum Research brought in weapons stamps Dessert Eagle, Uzi Eagle, etc. Do I have a odd marked weapon?, or

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by roadkingcowboy.s View Post
    I am new to the forum. Have a question. Bought this weapon in 03, new in box. Marked Jericho 941FB on one side and MRI-MPLS-MN. Box UPC code marked MRI. In searching on line for date produced, stated Magnum Research brought in weapons stamps Dessert Eagle, Uzi Eagle, etc. Do I have a odd marked weapon?, or

Welcome to the forums

I had no knowledge as to your MRI marked Jericho 941 so I did some forum surfing and found this little tidbit:

"Regarding dates, that one is an older one, as IMI became IWI in 2005 so that one predates 2005. The MRI MN. It is also an odd ball, in addition to being the vastly rarer frame-mounted safety version. This pistol was not actually manufactured for Magnum Research originally. All Jericho pistols made for importation by Magnum Research bear Baby Eagle or Desert Eagle or Baby Desert Eagle markings and the import mark is stamped on the frame BEFORE final finish. This pistol was made originally for the general market and was purchased by MRI and import-marked here. In addition to the post-finish import marking, it also retains the Jericho name, which is NOT used by MRI any more than AT-84s was used by Springfield Armory even though the P9 and AT-84s ar virtually the same pistol.
    To get the date closer, the import mark looks much like the marks used by MRI back when they imported the CZ-75 in the mid 1990's. Considering that is about the time CZ-USA took over importation of the CZ-75, I would guess that this pistol came in about 1998 or so.
    Ash, Oct 27, 2013"

The quote is from here: https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...oughts.732860/

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Welcome to the forums

I had no knowledge as to your MRI marked Jericho 941 so I did some forum surfing and found this little tidbit:

"Regarding dates, that one is an older one, as IMI became IWI in 2005 so that one predates 2005. The MRI MN. It is also an odd ball, in addition to being the vastly rarer frame-mounted safety version. This pistol was not actually manufactured for Magnum Research originally. All Jericho pistols made for importation by Magnum Research bear Baby Eagle or Desert Eagle or Baby Desert Eagle markings and the import mark is stamped on the frame BEFORE final finish. This pistol was made originally for the general market and was purchased by MRI and import-marked here. In addition to the post-finish import marking, it also retains the Jericho name, which is NOT used by MRI any more than AT-84s was used by Springfield Armory even though the P9 and AT-84s ar virtually the same pistol.
    To get the date closer, the import mark looks much like the marks used by MRI back when they imported the CZ-75 in the mid 1990's. Considering that is about the time CZ-USA took over importation of the CZ-75, I would guess that this pistol came in about 1998 or so.
    Ash, Oct 27, 2013"

The quote is from here: https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...oughts.732860/

Regards,
    Greg
    Thanks Greg. This gun is odd. Box has UPC code sticker stating MRI Model #MR9900FSS, FSS? Cannot find anything ending in FSS. Strange. Emailed MRI with question. I will see what happens. Thanks again.