Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Elite Trigger Add-On. How Does It Help??

Default Elite Trigger Add-On. How Does It Help??

I purchased a K9 new in July of 1996, one of the early electroless Nickel plated ones. I like the heft, size and feel of the pistol. As my eyesight has been failing with age, I had my gunsmith make a ghost ring for it when I bought it. The sight seems to allow for a pretty quick target acquisition, considering my old eyes. Had a nice Kramer horsehide belt holster made for the pistol. A good setup--and yet I have fired only about 2000 rounds through it since new! I simply haven't been able to get used to the trigger.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Tech services tells me that installing the elite trigger will help--at $125.00 plus $25.00 shipping. My question is: does the trigger give me a more noticeable break point? How does it help? I am used to firing da/sa and, more lately, striker fired pistols. Also, if the elite trigger helps, can I get it for the MK9 or the P.380? Thinking of getting one of these in the spring.

Thank you guys in advance for your help. I know I am tapping a large knowledge base here!

First off, to answer the question "can I get it for the MK9 or the P.380?" They already have the elite trigger parts so there's nothing to be done there.

The elite difference is mainly in the length of pull, which is shorter. The change is, IMHO, worth having if you shoot the gun a lot. The K9 elite trigger should feel just like the MK9 you already own.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    First off, to answer the question "can I get it for the MK9 or the P.380?" They already have the elite trigger parts so there's nothing to be done there.

The elite difference is mainly in the length of pull, which is shorter. The change is, IMHO, worth having if you shoot the gun a lot. The K9 elite trigger should feel just like the MK9 you already own.
    Thanks for the information. I don't already own an MK9. It's one of two or three I am looking at now along with the P.380 and others, for a possible purchase in the spring. Sorry that I wasn't clear enough.

So, as on my older K9, there is no noticeable "breakpoint" on the elite trigger, just shorter trigger travel?

Personally, I cannot anticipate the trigger break on any of my Kahrs, even my K9, which is the smoothest of all.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Love that knife. Pretty cool.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Personally, I cannot anticipate the trigger break on any of my Kahrs, even my K9, which is the smoothest of all.
    Same. I just pull straight through. The quicker and smoother the better. I figure when TSHTF there won't be much time for staging. I'd rather be practiced at firing quickly. It's a shame you've never gotten used to your trigger though Gabby. The Elite trigger could help...maybe...a little. I wonder if you can find a rental MK9 to test it out before you plunk down the $$$? Otherwise, I'd go for it. No sense wasting a good gun like that K9 of yours. It's worth a try?
    ​O|||||||O

Kahr's have the trigger of a really excellent DA revolver. If that type of action is not your bag, the Elite trigger won't help.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Love that knife. Pretty cool.
    yea, that's a 1960's Randall Stiletto.

Thank you for your responses. I need to apply myself and practice with the K9 more frequently.