Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Sold a Kahr today

Default Sold a Kahr today

Before work today I was talking with a fellow RSO and I was commenting on how much I appreciated the accuracy and size of my PM9. Both of us love DA revolvers so I thought a PM9 may be the perfect pocket semi for him. Ten minutes later a customer came in to shoot and one of his guns was a PM9 that he thought he may want to trade in for a 4" revolver. After my buddy fired a few rounds into a nice group at 30', we told him to take it to the local LGS and whatever they offered him for his Kahr would he accept my friend buying it outright for the same money.

$375 with three mags and my buddy now owns the PM9. Flawless gun with maybe 500 trouble free rounds down the barrel. Everybody won.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I love a story with a happy ending...well done to all involved
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Congratulations on a fine firearm at an outstanding price!

Pricing on a used Kahr can vary all over the place. The internet does little justice to Kahr, Kimber and a few other brands. Lightly used gems like a PM9, Kimber Ultra Carry CPD, or 340PD from S&W are around if you look hard enough. I do PT work at an indoor range and we are always exposed to people that are dissatisfied with their gun for one reason or another. The first thing we do is shout a few rounds through it for them to insure is is accurate and the sights are set correctly. That alone makes them feel better about their purchase. We encourage them to first ask us if we might own a particular model of what they are considering. 90% of the time one of us can hand them something very close to what they are considering. If it comes down to the customer wanting to sell his/her gun some one of us will try to come up with a fair price to offer than customer for their gun. There is nothing worse than "stealing" a gun from someone at a ridiculous price especially if they frequent your place of business. This may sound odd but just yesterday a customer offered me a number for a 640 S&W that I let them use and I told them that was a probably more than the gun was actually worth so will will work out a deal that better fit the current market. Crazy? Probably, but at the end of the day I feel better about myself.

Your an honest person. I do the same both sides of the deal should walk away happy. This morning I sold my XD to a coworker at a price we both think is fair. After all I see the guy fourty hours a week.

Interesting followup to this story. The guy who bought that PM9 it is very happy with it's performance. He handed the gun to one of our customers last night and after shooting a full mag the guy turned and said "Boy, for a .380, that little thing sure doesn't have much recoil"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Interesting followup to this story. The guy who bought that PM9 it is very happy with it's performance. He handed the gun to one of our customers last night and after shooting a full mag the guy turned and said "Boy, for a .380, that little thing sure doesn't have much recoil"
    Now dat dere is pleasantly amusing.
    NRA Benefactor