Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahr P9 Range Report.

Thanks for in input, Super M.

I agree about the holster -- modify it or don't use it at all. However, I'm glad that the light mag catch problem was highlighted for me. That's the purpose of range visits; find the good, bad and ugly.

Current mag release on my P9 appears to be polymer. Gun's serial # is YB0XXX.

Received a prompt reply to my email to Kahr Customer Service. Was promised a new mag release with a comment that a new spring wasn't needed. I'll attempt to take pictures of old/new releases when it gets here. As you know the spring is not a coil but a blade. I'll inspect it thoroughly when I disassemble.

Cheers!

The spring is very Glockish. Basically just a tension bar. I've never pulled it out on a Kahr and hopefully you won't have to either.

Hopefully the new mag release alone with address the issue.

Please do let us know how it goes.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The spring is very Glockish.

Jeepers, Bawanna. Was hoping that nothing that I have was "Glockish"!

Glocks are excellent guns. I owned a G34 and it ran & ran but it was as boring as a brick . No personality; no warm & fuzzy feeling in my hand; no wonder I sold it. My Glock was just a silent tool hanging on the belt. No one ever said "Oh, gee. Can I see your Glock?"

Perhaps a bad choice of words. That is one positive thing about Glocks in LE. They work, they are stupid simple and if it has to be replaced for whatever reason after a shooting etc, it's no big deal, they all look the same, they all act the same, zero personality.

Try that with a guys favorite 1911 and he'll cry himself to sleep until he gets it back if he ever does.

I've owned probably a dozen Glocks, none right now. One that doesn't bug me to part with cause I know I can go get another tomorrow exactly like the one I got rid of. I risk it with my 1911. If I cry I'll keep the shades drawn so I don't appear girlyman.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

SUCCESS!!!

I emailed Kahr Customer Service on Monday and today, Thursday, in the mail was my new mag catch.

First, Super M, you were correct. My original in-the-gun catch is made of polymer with a small shelf of metal stuck in it. The replacement catch is all metal and has a more pronounced "shelf" upon which the mags latch. Therefore, although the tension spring is original the mags stay put firmer & longer because of the new mag catch. All is well and I'm impressed with Kahr's instant reply via email and action!

I took the best picture that I could of the old vs. new catch and if I have an hour later I'll post it to this forum.

Why doesn't every Kahr owner participate in this forum to achieve handgun nirvana? Moreover, why doesn't Kahr sell truckloads of these guns to more people? Kahrs are small, flat, concealable, light, fixable and reliable with only limited input from the owner. What a deal!

I love a happy ending. Have to go get more tissues or perhaps a beach towel.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I love a happy ending. Have to go get more tissues or perhaps a beach towel.

On the contrary, Bawanna. this is not the end but "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship" (Casablanca, 1942) between a guy and his chosen gun maker - Kahr.

My bad. Didn't look at it from that angle. Too many happy tears interfering with my vision.

Happy beginning of your beautiful friendship.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Bawanna:

Drifting through prior posts I found this comment from Muggsy (RIP) concerning slide drag and slide lever effort in response to a members question similar to mine in this long thread:

"The sliderelease being more difficult to activate is due the the pressure applied by the mag spring and is perfectly normal. If the gun is functioning properly I wouldn't be concerned about the drag that you are feeling when racking the slide."

The more my tiny mind can understand my carry gun, the more confidence that I gain in it and my ability to carry it safely & effectively.