Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Striker not resetting after firing ?

On my P380 the striker normally retracts, so if I empty a mag and put in a fresh one, I don't have to worry about the protruding striker. If I have been dry firing, the striker is often protruding and when I try to feed, the new round jams on the protruding striker. Kahr is aware of this "problem" with the 380s but like I said, I've never had a problem during LIVE (edited) fire. So SKSears, what you said back in post #8 is entirely correct. Greg, not sure what you were getting at about pushing in the striker block. You can just pull it back achieving the same result as if you just pushed the pin in from the breech.
    Last edited by topgun1953; 03-04-2018 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Never had a problem during LIVE fire
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Greg ,I hope to have time tomorrow to work on this and see if that fix you referred to might take care of this. Thanks for your time & you welcoming me to the forum, Sears.

Quote Originally Posted by SKSears View Post
    Greg, I did not try pushing the striker back in but I did turn the gun over and pulled it back by the tab below the slide.with the P380, I just dry fired and pulled the slide to the rear locking it back and the striker is protruding from the breach face. Is this correct? It is hard to see but appears to be retracting upon release and going forward into battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    No, that's not correct, but did you push the striker block in while pulling the tab back?
    I'm sorry I must have read something into that which I wanted to see. What you wrote, "I just dry fired and pulled the slide to the rear locking it back and the striker is protruding from the breach face. Is this correct? It is hard to see but appears to be retracting upon release and going forward into battery.", is correct.
    My apologies .
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Greg, I did not try pushing the striker back in but I did turn the gun over and pulled it back by the tab below the slide.with the P380, I just dry fired and pulled the slide to the rear locking it back and the striker is protruding from the breach face. Is this correct? It is hard to see but appears to be retracting upon release and going forward into battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    On my P380 the striker normally retracts, so if I empty a mag and put in a fresh one, I don't have to worry about the protruding striker. If I have been dry firing, the striker is often protruding and when I try to feed, the new round jams on the protruding striker. Kahr is aware of this "problem" with the 380s but like I said, I've never had a problem during dry fire. So SKSears, what you said back in post #8 is entirely correct. Greg, not sure what you were getting at about pushing in the striker block. You can just pull it back achieving the same result as if you just pushed the pin in from the breech.
    Darn my mind was off on another track and I was thinking along the line that the striker block might be interfering with the striker's travel in a way other than how it is supposed to. Yep, push or pull would have worked for that.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Greg, I’ve been playing with this PM45 off & on for a few days and think you might be right about the stricker block being the problem. How big a deal is it to remove & change out. I was thinking of swapping the block in my p45 to my brothers pm45 to see if that resolves the problem. Forgot to mention, my P380 seems to be functioning fine now. I believe it just may have needed more breakin shots. The PM45, I have dry fired cycled approximately 500 times & the striker staying out seems to be intermittent. Going try and get to the range today and give them both a good workout! Weather not the best here today!

Good news & bad news. Made it to the range today. 150 rounds thru the P380 with zero problems! 100 rounds thru the PM9 ,zero problems. Bad news is PM45 is still jamming. The striker not resetting. I’m ready to let Kahr take a whack at it! I hope their customer service is as good as people say.

Good news & bad news. Made it to the range today. 150 rounds thru the P380 with zero problems! 100 rounds thru the PM9 ,zero problems. Bad news is PM45 is still jamming. The striker not resetting. I’m ready to let Kahr take a whack at it! I hope their customer service is as good as people say.
    I will second what others are saying here. I have had two kahrs with the striker not resetting issue. A P9 and a CW9. The striker channel was the culprit on one. Some small shavings in there, probably from manufacturing, prevented stuff from doing as it should. The other was the same, but also, the striker body had some shiny spots. I cleaned both and ran a polishing cloth around the striker body (part that will contact the striker chanel) until all shiny. Other than that, shaping a cw380 extractor are the only "concerns" I've had with any Kahr, and I've had a few. Hope you can figure out whats up with your 45. I'm looking for a good, local deal on another cw45 myself. I miss carrying that one!

It took about 6 weeks for the PM45 to make it back from Kahr customer service. Had a couple of FTF during the first mag. After those initial problems it has been functioning with no problems! Action taken was the installation of a striker spacer! 100 rounds after the repair and no problems to report. Thank you Kahr service department!