Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Side-saddle shell holder alternative for shotgun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Side-saddle shell holder alternative for shotgun

Side-saddle shell holder alternative for shotgun.

Here's a link to my latest project... an inexpensive alternative to those costly side-saddle shell holders for tactical shotguns:

Side-saddle alternative. - The Charles Daly Forums

After I use up my last token for the skeet range, I'll add this to my shotgun.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Wynn, you two timing, no good, piece of ... I'll come up with some other good stuff in a bit. Let me know how that works. FYI it should be a Mossberg type receiver. I know my pump is. Love that little guy too. I don't have the tang safety on mine though.
    Last edited by jlottmc; 08-29-2010 at 02:20 PM.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

My shotgun is semi-auto and I can use the whole length of the receiver. You un-auto guys and gals with pumps need to remember to allow for the rearward travel of the slide.
    My safety is just to the rear of the trigger/trigger guard.
    Wynn
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

It won't let me look at the pictures cause I'm not a member.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    It won't let me look at the pictures cause I'm not a member.
    It doesn't cost anything, but that's annoying when you get kind of an "invite" to go look at something.

There was a program on MSNBC today about "Big Brother Business"... started out talking about cameras at work... surveillance cameras... the good and bad.

They talked about keeping track of you online. Did you know... that when you use a search engine like Google... they keep records of everything you input and where you go??? :32:They can trace everything back to you....

How nice.

Wynn

Thomas Jefferson said

and

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post

They talked about keeping track of you online. Did you know... that when you use a search engine like Google... they keep records of everything you input and where you go??? :32:They can trace everything back to you....

How nice.

Wynn
    There's a program called "Tor" that can hide you from big brother.
    Tor: anonymity online

Yes, I know that you can use the entire side of the receiver, but my shotgun is not ammo finicky. Plus I have something called reliability on my side... Not a bad way to go your idea, though I dislike tape on my guns. I use a butt-cuff that is secured through the sling stud, and it works well with a little training. I may try something like you suggest, and see it I can't squeeze a few more rounds on board. Good thoughts though. BTW I was referring to the fact that you've been spending time on another gun site, you two timing gun nut...
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by jlottmc View Post
    Yes, I know that you can use the entire side of the receiver, but my shotgun is not ammo finicky. Plus I have something called reliability on my side... Not a bad way to go your idea, though I dislike tape on my guns. I use a butt-cuff that is secured through the sling stud, and it works well with a little training. I may try something like you suggest, and see it I can't squeeze a few more rounds on board. Good thoughts though. BTW I was referring to the fact that you've been spending time on another gun site, you two timing gun nut...
    Yeah... reliability... if I had the money, I would buy one of those Benelli auto/pump thingies... terrific idea, but expensive. There's a Franchi, too.

Benelli M3 Convertible Auto/Pump Shotgun BN11606, 12 Gauge, 19.75" , 3" Chmbr, Black Synthetic, Pist

or

Franchi SPAS12 Introduction

A neat thing, would be one of those tuned for those "shortie slugs"... about half the length of regular shells. Nearly double the capacity with mini-slugs.

Wynn

Thomas Jefferson said

and

That would be cool, I would go SPAS-15 over the 12, but it is a nice set up. Handled one some time ago, it's beefy. That's one reason I favor a pump, just man handle the thing and it feeds anything. Those mini shells are kinda nice, until you try to do a quick reload, then because they are so short, they tend to go everywhere. I keep mine loaded with 3 2 3/4's up front, and two 3"s behind that graduating from 2 birdshot loads to buckshot. All my reloads that are in the butt cuff are three inchers. I have an old Mauser bandoleer that I keep all my loose shells in, it works and if I remember to grab it holds more than plenty. I have found that the short shells do require some hard love to get them to feed well.

I think I'll pass on that Tor thing. Too much potential for nastiness. That sounds like a hook for someone to get your permission to build a bot network, or do other things that ain't kosher. Plus, from what I read, it lets anybody and their dog run through your system. No thanks. If I was doing something that I didn't want available, then yes, that is an old but effective hackers trick, but I have no reason to open my network up like that.