Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: TX - Any Kahr Users behind the Pine Curtain in E. TX?

Default TX - Any Kahr Users behind the Pine Curtain in E. TX?

Hey folks, just wondering if anyone else is tot'in a Kahr over here behind the 'Pine Curtain' in East Texas. I have seen very few Kahrs in the gun shops here around Tyler. I am new to Kahr pistols. I just purchased my first one, an S9. I'm still waiting for delivery. I did quite a bit of research before I purchased. I almost sprung for a Springfield XDs in 9 mm. I borrowed an XDs w/ 3.3" barrel from my SNL and shot about 50 rounds thru it. I decided on a Kahr S9 thinking it would like it better with the longer grip, lower bore axis and slightly longer 3.6" barrel. I sure hope I can get used to the longer trigger pull on the Kahr. From all of the testimonials I have read about Kahr the owners either loved them or hated them. I hope I don't regret buying this pistol without shooting one first.

Welcome, I'm thinking your gonna love it. Not many S9's out there yet so you'll be a plank owner and test pilot for the rest of us.

Just don't get negative before you got something to get negative about.

Many read bad things but you have to remember not everything on the internet is true except what I write of course.

I'm Missouri bred and we don't lie in Missouri.

Glad you found us.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Howdy, in Central Texas .

Welcome, from N.Texas!

You will not regret your purchase. Follow the instructions in the forum sticky’s for correctly breaking in the gun. One key helpful step is hand-racking the thing 400+ times. The gun parts need to “mate”, like breaking in a new car (no pun intended). One key reason for this is that the barrel and the slide stop need to wear some metal away, where needed. This became very apparent with my recent CT380 Tungsten Ceracote. That is the tightest new gun I have ever racked. That really thin layer of ceracote really tightened everything up. With 150 rounds through the gun, so far, it still needs another 150. Due to recent surgeries, the gun was too tight for me to perform the hand-racking as many times as it needed. What I noticed with the ceracote, is where the gun parts rub, because after 150 rounds, the ceracote has rubbed away on the slide stop “rod”, where the barrel lug rides over it. When you hand-rack, you know that little “clunk” you feel right before the slide completes its last 1/4” of forward travel? That is the feel of that kidney-shaped hole underneath the barrel rubbing against the slide stop “rod”. The more you rack it, or shoot it, the smoother that last 1/4” of travel gets.

You can spend a lot of money breaking the gun in with ammo, or you can save yourself a lot of money by hand-racking 400-500 times first, and wiping-down the slide stop rod and that barrel-lug “kidney-shaped hole” with an oiled q-tip or cloth barrel patch.

After doing that for my P380, it eats everything except Perfecta.

After doing that for my CT9, it eats everything without a hiccup. The first night we shot it, we ran 400 rounds of 8 different brands of ammo through it. I’m hoping for the same experience for you.

Again, welcome!

-Wlf

I read an article in American Rifleman magazine, dated 29 Jan. 2018 that evaluated the new S9. In the article it stated that Kahr had reduced the break-in time for the S - series pistols by using a hydraulic actuated fixture, that cycled each gun ass'y hundreds of times before final inspection and shipping. This is supposed to wear in the slide and all related parts to cut down on break in time in the field. I am looking forward to trying out my new S9. I'll let you guys know how it runs out.

Hey from Round Rock. Guess you have your new S9 by now - hope it's working good for you.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

South Louisiana, East Texas, West Pennsylvania

Sorry for taking so long to see this. In Lindale. Have PM-40 x about 6 yrs. It's perfect thanks to advice received on this message board and I enjoy shooting it. Thinking about getting a P or TP while 40's are so cheap.
    Don

I live behind the “Pine Curtain” on Lake Livingston. I shoot a K40 and CM9 regularly in East Texas. We had a BUG gun match at the Conroe IDPA club a few years ago. 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place were all Kahrs!

I'm about 25 miles East of Tyler in Rusk County. I've had a CW9 for 12 years and it survived my early beginnings of reloading. It has faithfully handled everything (mostly cast bullets) I've shoved into it. I really should shoot it more but it usually gets left behind on my weekly range days as the small pistol primers (very short supplies) normally get used in 357 mag.

Where do you shoot?

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    Sorry for taking so long to see this. In Lindale. Have PM-40 x about 6 yrs. It's perfect thanks to advice received on this message board and I enjoy shooting it. Thinking about getting a P or TP while 40's are so cheap.
    Don
    As the 40's are currently out of production you'll want to keep your eyes peeled. No doubt there are bargains out there but might have to look for them. I kind of regret parting with my 40-ammo supply. I still have my K40 and (some) ammo but not near what I used to have. As several have mentioned, when ammo starts to dry up, there's usually 40 still around even if it is war profiteer prices.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."