Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kydew pocket holster for PM9?

Thanks Ed!

If your open to materials other than Kydex, you may want to look at the DeSantis MK holster. Have been using this for past 4+ yrs regardless of the season. Works great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another photo

riflenut, I second Ed M's response. while I've used MY C3 slightly less then a year, I use the same logic as he does. I often browse with my hands in my pockets; one on my phone, the other on my CM9. no one is the wiser.P.S., the carbon looks t(. .)s!

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER

I'm on my second Desantis in 8+ years.........................can't beat em.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I'm on my second Desantis in 8+ years.........................can't beat em.
    To be fair, I've used the same model MK Desantis Nemesis for my PM9 w/DLC finish for about the same number of years as berettabone.

It's been very easy on the DLC finish, and it's comfortable to carry. No complaints from me - I have one for all my pocket guns.

For the money, you can't go wrong with a Nemesis.

I took a chance on the C3 kydex knowing I could always go back to the Nemesis. Mine was getting a little ratty looking over the years, and needed to be replaced.

I didn't think I'd like kydex as much, but I do like the C3 kydex more than the Nemesis. It's thinner and prints even less - if that matters to you. It also seems to keep my pocket cooler when it's really hot outside.

One big advantage for the Nemesis is being able to carry in any pocket. I often carry my CW380 or my DLC finish P380 in my weak side pocket, and my CM9 or PM9 in my strong side pocket.

I do this instead of carrying a spare mag for the 9mm. The ol' New York reload.

My MK DeSantis does not cover the rear sight (CM9), which eventually wore a hole in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by kwh View Post
    My MK DeSantis does not cover the rear sight (CM9), which eventually wore a hole in my pocket.
    Original sights ordid you change them out? Thanks

Original sights.
    Besides the DeSantis I also used a Remora. Both worked well. As I remember, the Remora was thicker, but could also be used IWB.
    I am currently using a no name clam shell thin rough side out leather holster. $10 bought at a show.
    I have an Alabama Kydex holster for my Beretta .380 Pico. Have not used it much yet. Expensive, $40, but no complaints.

One thing to keep in mind when using a pocket holster is retention. If you get knocked on your butt or some how find yourself on your back, it is probably going to be helpful if your pistol does not fall out of your pocket. This is one place where kydex shines.