CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: P380 FTB and Mag Drops

Default P380 FTB and Mag Drops

Couple issues hopefully easy to remedy. 1) Some issues with FTB. Round goes most of the way but slide stops intermittently about 1/4-1/2” short about 10% of the time, usually after a couple of mags through. Seems to be less an issue if I stick with UMC ball ammo, but I’ve read other earlier posts about these being caused by sharp edges on the extractor which can be easily (supposedly) with some filing, allowing rounds to come in “steeper” without issue. I do notice racking the first round it goes into battery with a “ker-chunk”; not super smooth. 2) Mags dropping: This could just be my grip. It happens about 3-4 rounds in, I squeeze the trigger and nothing, only to find the mag loose. Is this a grip adjustment on my part or can the mag release be tightened up/adjusted? It’s totally mechanical so can imagine another failure mode here. I thought about having the face ground down a bit so it doesn’t stick out as far.

Any advice is greatly appreciated...I really like this little guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Man View Post
    Couple issues hopefully easy to remedy. 1) Some issues with FTB. Round goes most of the way but slide stops intermittently about 1/4-1/2” short about 10% of the time, usually after a couple of mags through. Seems to be less an issue if I stick with UMC ball ammo, but I’ve read other earlier posts about these being caused by sharp edges on the extractor which can be easily (supposedly) with some filing, allowing rounds to come in “steeper” without issue. I do notice racking the first round it goes into battery with a “ker-chunk”; not super smooth. 2) Mags dropping: This could just be my grip. It happens about 3-4 rounds in, I squeeze the trigger and nothing, only to find the mag loose. Is this a grip adjustment on my part or can the mag release be tightened up/adjusted? It’s totally mechanical so can imagine another failure mode here. I thought about having the face ground down a bit so it doesn’t stick out as far.

Any advice is greatly appreciated...I really like this little guy!
    Is this part of the obligatory 200-250 rnd break in period?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No sir. Well over 1000 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Man View Post
    No sir. Well over 1000 rounds.
    The reason why I asked was that I experienced the same problem within the first 100 rnds or so but it cleared up. Sorry I can’t be of any help. Hopefully someone will be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk