Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: cw 380 my daily buddy

Default cw 380 my daily buddy

Just finished going to the range put another 200 rounds of assorted ammunition through my kahr cw380! 40 rds of hydro shok 90 gr. 40 rds of hst 99 gr. 50 rds wwb 95 gr. tmj. 50 rds magtech 90 gr. fmj. 20 rds of sig elite 380 (open box) and I'm very happy to say I've had no problems whatsoever!!!

But in many ways I did cheat!! I polished the ramp! I installed a Lakeline Steel Striker! ( and Polished it) I ended up polishing the barrel! I slightly rounded off the extractor on the bottom! I deepend the slide serrations for better grip! I gave the trigger guard a slight undercut! i stipples the sides of the grip! I installed a Pearce finger grip and shortened it! I installed a Galloway steel Striker guide! and I gave the follower a steeper angle! I know I did a lot and for some it's an extreme but I love it!!!😜
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Why i carry?..."CAUSE I CAN"... :0)

That's awesome!

I put 105 rounds through my new CT380 this week. Three different types of FMJ, Lehigh Xtreme Penetrator and Lehigh Xtreme Defense with no issues. I made no modifications to the gun. Cleaned, lubed and put a bike tube grip on it.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Congrats I actually like those new models... if I may make a suggestion if you're going to keep it plain Jane at least change the striker to a Lakeline steel Striker... the 380 Strikers are known to break

I do plan to pick up a Lakeline striker to have on hand in case I have any issues.

I’m a little leery about that level of disassembly but I watched a video on disassembling a CW9 slide and it looked like something I could do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

If it's just the range toy I wouldn't worry about it but if it's something you plan to have in case of emergencies I rather eliminate the weakest point so it doesn't fail on you when you most need it!!! Since it's pretty clear that Striker brakes on the 380s...

Quote Originally Posted by kiki View Post
    Just finished going to the range put another 200 rounds of assorted ammunition through my kahr cw380! 40 rds of hydro shok 90 gr. 40 rds of hst 99 gr. 50 rds wwb 95 gr. tmj. 50 rds magtech 90 gr. fmj. 20 rds of sig elite 380 (open box) and I'm very happy to say I've had no problems whatsoever!!!

But in many ways I did cheat!! I polished the ramp! I installed a Lakeline Steel Striker! ( and Polished it) I ended up polishing the barrel! I slightly rounded off the extractor on the bottom! I deepend the slide serrations for better grip! I gave the trigger guard a slight undercut! i stipples the sides of the grip! I installed a Pearce finger grip and shortened it! I installed a Galloway steel Striker guide! and I gave the follower a steeper angle! I know I did a lot and for some it's an extreme but I love it!!!😜
    Well done
    ​O|||||||O