Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cw380 lakeline striker problems

Angry cw380 lakeline striker problems

Just recently posted that I went to the range with my cw380... The Gun shot really well and I had no problems with everything I did unfortunately when I got home I noticed that I installed the original striker in the gun not the Lakeline LLC 380 Striker. No big deal so I installed it after I cleaned the gun. The problem I'm having is with the original Striker the gun worked flawlessly when I install the Lakeline Striker every time I load around by slingshotting it or letting the slide go round goes up and catches on firing pin protruding... completely not letting the gun load!!! The problem seems since the Lakeline Striker is longer (body wise) so firing pin protrudes out the front longer time before going back in than the original. so the round going up catches on the rim and firing pin and not letting it load... has anyone else had problems like this with the Lakeline Striker...

I took the striker out of the gun so I did not think of taking a picture of what happened but I downloaded a picture of a Glock 19 with the same problem just for illustration purposes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kiki; 04-15-2018 at 04:40 PM.
    Why i carry?..."CAUSE I CAN"... :0)

Glad you had a positive range experience. The striker on Kahr’s retract when the slide comes forward. If you have dry fired sometimes the striker is protruding into the breech and when you go to load a round it doesn’t retract in time and the cartridge will get hung up on the striker. With no magazine inserted and an empty chamber, rack the slide, the striker should be fully retracted. Dry fire and then look at the breech, you may see the striker protruding. This ‘issue’ happens only on the 380’s and does not cause a problem in live fire. I just remember if I’ve dry fired the thing to either cycle the slide or turn the gun over and pull the striker back, before releasing the slide stop to load a round.
    I think this is what you’re seeing, however, if the slide has been cycled and the striker is still sticking out, then a message to Al is in order.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

ok... on the last round when weapon is cocked or fired the slide is locked in the rear position and the firing pin is still protruding.... when you release the slide catch and it goes to feed a round... the round is coming up and hanging up on the firing pin before the firing pin has a chance to retract...

Hmmm that never happens to me, but then again, you haven’t actually fired the gun with the Lakeline striker in it if I read your post correctly. Let’s confirm that when the striker is retracted it is not protruding. When you see the striker protruding just cycle the slide once (no ammo), or turn the pistol over and pull the foot of the striker back. It’s not under any tension. Now check it. If the striker tip is not protruding, then I’d say the striker length is ok. My pencil points to the “foot” of the striker. Pull it back
    989A6E90-EB09-446F-B954-9CF9BBCDBCB7.jpg
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Nevermind😰... I reinstalled it and noticed it only happens if I slingshot it!!! if it's held back with the slide catch and the firing pin is protruding!! and I let the slide catch go! the round does not hang up on the firing pin....
    btw... did it several times and it never hung up if I let go of the slide catch

thanks😁😁😁😁.... by the way I tried it several times slingshotting it!! with the firing pin protruding.... very hard and it doesn't happen then either so I guess I was letting go of the slide too slow

Yay! If I’ve been dry firing, I always make sure it’s retracted, because on mine, it will hang up. I even got a cautionary note from Kahr about this.....after my 3 or 4th broken striker😱😱😱. Then Al at Lakeline came through! Now time to head to the range myself.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

topgun.... you've never had any problems with your Lakeside Striker it's that good since I just got my new

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Please report your findings after a trip to the range and actual live fire. Thanks! I have not had any problems with mine.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

i will😁... at least I know that with the original Striker it works just read so many Strikers OEM breaking I ordered a Lakeline